“Nice Amusement park to visit at any age!”

Waldameer Park & Water World
Ranked #3 of 65 things to do in Erie
More attraction details
Owner description: Give your family all the fun and excitement of more than 75 great attractions at Waldameer. You'll find thrilling rides and family classics, plus some awesome rides for the little ones! Then there's Water World, a whole waterpark full of wet n’ wild fun for everyone.Plus, check out challenging midway games, tasty summertime foods and enjoy great free entertainment with 3 musical shows daily at our Showtime Theatre.Waldameer & Water World is a family-owned and family-friendly – we are proud of our Park’s major expansion in recent years, which has only improved upon the park’s long rich history of providing safe, clean and affordable summertime fun!
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I stopped here last week while in Erie, PA. One really nice thing about this park that others near my hometown do not offer- FREE PARKING AND ADMISSION. You can go to the park and pay per ride or get a pass to ride all day or evening. For people bringing Grandma or Grandpa who no longer can handle the rollercoasters, fast paced Amusement parking outings this is a great place to bring them. They can walk in , sit on a bench and watch the little ones or others ride all day. If you want to ride a ride or two , each ride tells how many tickets per ride. Then you need to get a Wally card and load it with how much money for those rides, food, etc as the park doesnt take cash per rides and food. You can use credit cards and re load your Wallycard at another park. For example, I loaded my Wally card with $5.00 as did my brother. We rode one ride each, bought a bottle of water and postcards with the balance. Had a nice walk in the park. It wasnt too overwhelming and also featured a nice water park. There were a few roller coasters, water rides, train, ferris wheel, merry go round, shows and other rides . The all day pass or all eve pass was reasonable. I was glad I visited and wouldnt hesitate to go back again, The park looked clean and workers seemed pleasant. Now it isnt a big park like Cedar Point, Hershey Park , etc with all the big coasters and high thrill seeking rides but it is a nice park. The price is more affordable and who can go wrong with free parking and admission. So if you are in Erie or plan to go stop at Waldameer Park. It is definitely worth visiting!

2  Thank Tia B

Reviewed August 11, 2013

GREAT family park to get together to ride rides, have a picnic, take a walk to see people having fun and get a candy apple or funnel cake, or the crispy powder sugar coated French waffles, and / or fudge.
The park offers over 75 rides for all ages with a kiddie land, water world ( Waldameer was the 2nd park in the country to offer outdoor water park ), picnic areas, the 5th best wooden coaster in the country- The Ravine Flyer II, one of the best rated dark rides- the wacky shack.
Park has been each year trying to get new rides and attractions in the past 10 years done, new kiddie rides, the ravine flyer II, X-scream, music express ( newest ride ), mega vortex, completely overhauled and updated the scrambler. They announced this year another 10 year plan to expand even more, one item will be adding should be done by 2016 a wave pool to add to water world.
Yes some classic rides there that I rode as a kid or my parents did as well, but maintained, and growth has been happening. I am thankful that I have Waldameer in my back yard and me and the kiddos get their season passes and spend a lot of time there ( going from May, June, July, August, and till Labor day weekend trying to go couple times a week) hosting family picnics, get togethers or play cards while they ride. fun, fun, fun!!!
Also located convenient at the entrance to Presque Isle State Park and across from Tom Ridge Center.

Free parking
Free admission (fee only to ride rides and/or water park.)
You can buy just enough points to ride just one ride which makes it nice for someone who only wants to ride the merry go round or the train.
Free use of Picnic areas
Free fireworks on scheduled holiday nights

Yes some of the younger staff may not be the best customer service people there but you get that anywhere you go. All in all a great park that you and a family or friends can have fun with all sort of activities.
enjoy.

1  Thank Thomas W
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Spent last evening here , with a group of Developmentally disabled . There is a lot of different rides for all. Some of our daredevils tried lots of them and some of us enjoyed the train ride .I would give this a 5 as it was soo much enjoyed by our guy. I do not like their new ystem of NO cash, and having t purchase Wally bucks or a credit card . Mad it hard to have the guys dod any shopping as we needed receipts and the Wally Cards just didn't cut it

Reviewed August 9, 2013

My husband and I went as part of his birthday celebration. We ordered our tickets and locker online which saves you money. NOTE: an all-day locker rental purchased on a credit card is a better deal than a pay as you go one! The Comet, Log Ride, and Steel Dragon were very nice as were two of the waterslides. We totally forwent the WallyCard idea, and just brought our own food and kept it in the car.
Two problems, one small, one large: 1) The waterslide all share lines, but if you are choosing to go on the less popular option of the slides, you cant skip ahead. The lines should be a little more defined, so you know how long you have to wait. 2) The lifeguards are HORRIBLE!!!!!! I caught one SLEEPING!!! People were totally out of control on the lazy river and they did NOTHING about it.
In all, we had a great visit and would certainly go back! Even though the lifeguard thing kind of scares me...

1  Thank Elizabeth S
Reviewed August 8, 2013

This park has changed very little over the years (maybe a few more rides and a few more coasters) - I remember coming here years ago as a child. My kids (11 and 5) really enjoyed the time in the park and the fact that you could park close and get in the park for free was great. My mother - who does not ride - was able to enjoy playing with and watching my son without having to justify the cost of a park ticket.

The four remaining of us went with a daily ticket and we rode everything - most of the rides had a couple of minute wait and if it was fun - we could jump off - go right back around and ride it again. My son was able to ride all of the kiddie rides and a few bigger rides and he enjoyed them all and the people working the rides seemed to recognize him as he would go on 5 or 6 times in a row.

If you are looking for a huge "amusement" park with tons of rides - this may not be the place for you, but as a small site with a bunch of rides that you can walk around in like 30 minutes. This was a blast. The best part is that it is free to get in and leave - so we came did what we wanted - went to the car where we had drinks in a cooler - and then went right back in. Everyone seemed to really enjoy themselves and we left feeling like we could go back again.

Just be aware as the other reviews say - the park does not accept cash - which was not a problem for my family, but seemed to confuse my mother that is used to paying cash everywhere. I did not think this was a big deal, but it could cause issues if you are used to paying that way.