“First class family zoo!”
Review of Erie Zoo

Erie Zoo
Ranked #4 of 65 things to do in Erie
Reviewed July 20, 2012

I have been visiting the Erie Zoo since I was a baby (50+ yrs). This is a fabulous small zoo to enjoy with the family. It is easy to navigate and kept quite clean. The zoo has continually been updated and upgraded through the years. It's a great place to enjoy a picnic, take a little train ride, ride a merry-go-round and enjoy the animals. I took my children there often when they were growing up. Now, when they return to Erie as adults, they still want to make a visit to the Erie Zoo! An added bonus - free admission after 4PM. There are great programs for kids and the Children's area is terrific. This is a must-visit attraction when visiting Erie!

Reviewed July 19, 2012

we love taking our grandchildren to this zoo. it is easy to navigate and there are so many animals, and the flowers are beautiful as well. the train ride is fun and the kids love the merry-go-round too. they also have great classes for pre-school and young children as well.

1  Thank cathy z
Reviewed July 19, 2012

This zoo allows you to get up close and personal compared to many other zoos such as Pittsburgh. There aren't as many animals, but the animals they do have are cool. My favorite was the bears. Although the sign said they were black bears, they were actually brown. Anyhow, they were fun to look at. The one seemed irritated that it was hot out and kept doing this weird movement. It was onl $8 and only took us about an hour to an hour and a half to look through it. My husband and I are in our 20's and we went with two other 20 year olds and we had fun. I believe you could probably spend more time here if you were here with kids.

1  Thank cookiepug90
Reviewed July 16, 2012

This is a gem....The entire zoo is stroller friendly and kid friendly. Beautiful animal exhits and gardens. This is a very managable size for small children. Epic train ride and a Merry go Round that is one of the best I've ever seen....want to ride an elephant, sea dragon or how about a zebra. The variety of animalson this ride is incredible.

1  Thank Pam D
Reviewed July 16, 2012

My wife and I took our son to the Erie Zoo for the first time on July 14, 2012. He was so excited to see all of the animals. He really liked the monkeys, zebra's, lions, rhino's, and polar bear. He really enjoyed it and we will definitely be taking him back there again. He also really liked the model train that was running around. He loves trains and even got to ride on the train around the part of the zoo. He was so tired from his trip to the zoo that he fell asleep before we were even off of Peach St.

2  Thank MikeO3

Been to Erie Zoo? Share your experiences!