“Up close and personal..”
Review of Erie Zoo

Erie Zoo
Ranked #4 of 63 things to do in Erie
Seward, Pennsylvania
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Up close and personal..”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

This zoo allows you to get up close and personal compared to many other zoos such as Pittsburgh. There aren't as many animals, but the animals they do have are cool. My favorite was the bears. Although the sign said they were black bears, they were actually brown. Anyhow, they were fun to look at. The one seemed irritated that it was hot out and kept doing this weird movement. It was onl $8 and only took us about an hour to an hour and a half to look through it. My husband and I are in our 20's and we went with two other 20 year olds and we had fun. I believe you could probably spend more time here if you were here with kids.

1 Thank cookiepug90

Erie, Pennsylvania
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best small Zoo in America!”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

This is a gem....The entire zoo is stroller friendly and kid friendly. Beautiful animal exhits and gardens. This is a very managable size for small children. Epic train ride and a Merry go Round that is one of the best I've ever seen....want to ride an elephant, sea dragon or how about a zebra. The variety of animalson this ride is incredible.

1 Thank Pam D
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Son's first trip to the zoo.”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

My wife and I took our son to the Erie Zoo for the first time on July 14, 2012. He was so excited to see all of the animals. He really liked the monkeys, zebra's, lions, rhino's, and polar bear. He really enjoyed it and we will definitely be taking him back there again. He also really liked the model train that was running around. He loves trains and even got to ride on the train around the part of the zoo. He was so tired from his trip to the zoo that he fell asleep before we were even off of Peach St.

2 Thank MikeO3
Champaign-Urbana, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“One of my favorite places”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Being a fan of animals, I am lucky to have a place like the Erie Zoo. Always a clean park, and the animals are very lively for being captive. It is so much fun to see the monkeys play, or watch the tiger stalk small children as they walk by.

1 Thank Ian Z
Stow, Ohio
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Best little zoo I've ever been to!”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

We all loved this zoo, beautifully landscaped, plenty of shade and places to sit and rest. We thought the variety of animals were fantastic- the best of the best! This is zoo is a great size, and you are not exhausted when you leave! Very clean and well kept and the price was reasonable.

1 Thank luckylady830

Been to Erie Zoo? Share your experiences!