“One of our favorite regular spots” 4 of 5 bubbles

El Canelo
Ranked #232 of 402 Restaurants in Erie
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Erie, Pennsylvania
“One of our favorite regular spots”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is a GREAT local restaurant, my favorite Mexican food in Erie hands down. My family and friends all come here regularly. The food is always up to the standard, unlimited salsa & chips, great beer on tap (XX), and $5 margaritas- you can't go wrong! I have never had bad service here, ever. If you're in the mood for just hanging out with friends in a casual setting and enjoying some good eats and drinks- this is your spot!

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

“Don't believe the bad reviews; Good food, good service & good drinks.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

We are from Texas & we know Mexican Food. They are Not as good as Ninfas or Chuys, but for Pa they are awesome.
Good Homemade Tamales, need more Jalepeno in them. But good. Good Salsa & hot chips. Great Rita's & they have Dos Equis Green. Service is quick & friendly.
If your from the South you will like them.
We enjoyed it. My husband was happy!!!
Pico was fresh made.

Alliston, Canada
“Yummy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

I'm from Ohio and I moved to Canada with my spouse almost 10 years ago and oh have I missed Mexican food. Good, authentic Mexican!

We planned a quick shopping trip to Erie this October - before hand I searched around for a true Mexican restaurant and came across El Canelo. I'm so glad we tried it. Their staff is super friendly and their food is SO good and it truly is authentic Mexican. Their home made chips and salsa is to die for. As we sat there we seen a few people run in just to order their chips and salsa "to go". And, let me tell ya - they are worth the quick grab.

The price is good as well. I loved it. We'll return for sure.

(sorry no pictures. we ate it up before it dawned on me to take a picture. lol)

• Visited October 2012
Erie, Pennsylvania
“The best authentic Mexican in Erie!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

El Canelo on 12th St. in Erie has become our weekly haunt. Great wait staff, friendly, not hovering. Nice warm chips and salsa served up within minutes of being seated. Their lunch prices are unbelievable for the portion size. We usually order the Pollo Salad...tender grilled strips of chicken breast, pefectly seasoned, a mound of lettuce, shredded cheese, dollop of sour cream and fresh guacamole....top it all off with a zippy ranch dressing. Makes me want to go out there right now! We also enjoy the My special...grilled chicken, shrimp, sweat-on-the-brow chorizo, onions, peppers...served with spanish rice, mexican salad...huge portion. Nice cozy place...our favorite location out of the 3 El Canelo's...due to the family-like waitstaff.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank JulieLJ1950
Erie,PA
“Authentic”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

Always enjoy the food there. Salsa a little watery for my taste. I am amazed to have 4 El Canelos in the Erie area.

Visited September 2012

Been to El Canelo? Share your experiences!