“Good place to eat”

El Canelo
Ranked #162 of 414 Restaurants in Erie
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed September 7, 2012

The place give you a homely feeling. Oh also the price is right, the food is tasty and the service is excellent. recommend to people of all ages.

There are newer reviews for El Canelo

Reviewed July 18, 2012

We love this place. We also visit the location in New Castle from time to time. We keep asking them to open a location near the Pittsburgh airport. The food is great...you will have leftovers...are very reasonably priced. I love the beans and rice. My husband goes with fajitas...and they make them very spicy per his request. We recommended this place to someone staying at the same hotel and she thought it was great too.

Reviewed June 24, 2012

Good hot food, quick service, and awesome Mango Margaritas! So much better than the chain Mexican restaurants.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

Im not quite sure what people from Erie think is Mexican but this is not it. Im from So. California so I know authentic mexican food. I had nachos and a maggie, my husband had a burrito. Watered down, unseasoned, bland..... I could go on. We both got sick. The only decent thing was the tortilla chips if you added tons of salt! Take my advice & go to taco bell!!!!

1  Thank Melanie L
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Great Mexican places are hard to find, especially when you are about as far from Mexico as you can be in the U.S. I was very surprised that a restaurant chain could provide such great food without losing something in the translation. If the pitcher of margaritas wasn't on the weak side, I'd have given an excellent.

Been to El Canelo? Share your experiences!