“Excellent Dining”

Maxi's Cafe at Bel-Aire Clarion Hotel
Ranked #75 of 411 Restaurants in Erie
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Maxi's Cafe in the Bel-Aire Clarion offers full dinner service nightly from 5:00pm until 9:00pm daily. In addition, we offer our all-you-can eat breakfast buffet daily from 6:00am until 10:00am. Lounge opens daily at 4:00pm.
Central New York
“Excellent Dining”
Reviewed August 18, 2014

We recently stayed at the Belaire Clarion in Erie, PA and had dinner at the hotel restaurant. Victor's was an expected gem in what is an otherwise poor hotel. The décor is pleasant and updated with a nice atmosphere for relaxed dining. The menu is not extensive, but has something for everyone. The service was outstanding. Our server was attentive, professional, friendly and knowledgeable. Cocktails we well made and tasty. With your entrée the offer salad or soup. The night we were there, seafood gumbo was the soup offering and it was outstanding. In additional to being a decent place with good food and fine service it is also a value. We were pleasantly surprised by the bill. I would highly recommend Victors for dinner and drinks.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank Ogilthorpe

Erie, Pennsylvania
“Week night dinner with friends”
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Only living a couple miles away from Victors, I can't say the reason for not dining there more frequently. The five of us were impressed with our entire dining experience and will definetly return very soon and also tell others about our meal, server and the atmosphere at this restaurant. I can't write one negative word! The menu was interesting and versatile, our location was perfect, the server was excellent, the food very tasty and served beautifully. Wonderful place to eat, and if you are traveling, there is lodging available with a beautiful indoor pool located in the outer portion of the restaurant.

• Visited August 2014
Erie, PA
“Service is outstanding but food just OK”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

We had not been here in months but decided to stop in for dinner on a Tuesday evening a few weeks ago. They made you feel right at home and the service was very good, but the food was just OK. It's very close to home and we would have been thrilled to have a place to go for a quick meal but I don't think we would go back.

Visited June 2014
Allison Park, Pennsylvania
“good hotel food”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

The food was very good and they have great happy hour specials.They also have weekly drink specials that are priced well.It is a nice place that you can hold a conversation with someone,not too loud.

Visited May 2014
NorthCentral PA
“This would have gotten a great review...but....”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

I often stay for business at the Clarion Hotel where this restaurant is located.On the first night of my recent trip, I ate there with a friend. The Mediterranean Pasta was fabulous, the service was good, the only complaint is that the server interrupted our conversation frequently to see how we were doing. It's hard to carry on a conversation when you are constantly being asked, "are you girls still ok?" Which brings me to my next point...I'm a 51 year old grandmother of three. Calling me a "girl" is NOT acceptable. The manager, who also came to check on us did the same thing.

On the second night of my stay, I decided to go back and have the Pasta again. I was met with, "Do you have a reservation?" I did not...and the gentleman said, "I have three big parties coming in, I'll have to see if I can squeeze you in somewhere." I declined, as I had work to do, and didn't want to be "squeezed in" among the parties. I went back to my room, and ordered pizza delivery. I went back down an hour later to get a drink to take back to my room, and found the place half empty...not a big party in sight. Leaves me to wonder why I couldn't be seated for dinner...

• Visited June 2014