“Week night dinner with friends” 4 of 5 bubbles

Maxi's Cafe at Bel-Aire Clarion Hotel
Ranked #62 of 402 Restaurants in Erie
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Maxi's Cafe in the Bel-Aire Clarion offers full dinner service nightly from 5:00pm until 9:00pm daily. In addition, we offer our all-you-can eat breakfast buffet daily from 6:00am until 10:00am. Lounge opens daily at 4:00pm.
Erie, Pennsylvania
“Week night dinner with friends”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2014

Only living a couple miles away from Victors, I can't say the reason for not dining there more frequently. The five of us were impressed with our entire dining experience and will definetly return very soon and also tell others about our meal, server and the atmosphere at this restaurant. I can't write one negative word! The menu was interesting and versatile, our location was perfect, the server was excellent, the food very tasty and served beautifully. Wonderful place to eat, and if you are traveling, there is lodging available with a beautiful indoor pool located in the outer portion of the restaurant.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Erie, PA
“Service is outstanding but food just OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014

We had not been here in months but decided to stop in for dinner on a Tuesday evening a few weeks ago. They made you feel right at home and the service was very good, but the food was just OK. It's very close to home and we would have been thrilled to have a place to go for a quick meal but I don't think we would go back.

Visited June 2014
Allison Park, Pennsylvania
“good hotel food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014

The food was very good and they have great happy hour specials.They also have weekly drink specials that are priced well.It is a nice place that you can hold a conversation with someone,not too loud.

Visited May 2014
NorthCentral PA
“This would have gotten a great review...but....”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

I often stay for business at the Clarion Hotel where this restaurant is located.On the first night of my recent trip, I ate there with a friend. The Mediterranean Pasta was fabulous, the service was good, the only complaint is that the server interrupted our conversation frequently to see how we were doing. It's hard to carry on a conversation when you are constantly being asked, "are you girls still ok?" Which brings me to my next point...I'm a 51 year old grandmother of three. Calling me a "girl" is NOT acceptable. The manager, who also came to check on us did the same thing.

On the second night of my stay, I decided to go back and have the Pasta again. I was met with, "Do you have a reservation?" I did not...and the gentleman said, "I have three big parties coming in, I'll have to see if I can squeeze you in somewhere." I declined, as I had work to do, and didn't want to be "squeezed in" among the parties. I went back to my room, and ordered pizza delivery. I went back down an hour later to get a drink to take back to my room, and found the place half empty...not a big party in sight. Leaves me to wonder why I couldn't be seated for dinner...

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Barbara G
North East, Pennsylvania
“Long term relationship is strong !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

My recent lunch visit with family once again proved that this place is a class act. It may be one of the few places you can go to, in the area, and feel special at lunch and unrushed.
I had the Flat Iron steak salad and it was more a dinner size of meal. In a word: Perfect.
The attention is all those little things others miss. Cloth napkins and full silver service. A fantastic garlic bread was served with our meal. I asked and without a problem more was provided.
I would also point out their Weds. night special is buy one appetizer & get one free. The appetizers are wonderful and very unique. Stop reading this and get there now !!!

• Visited May 2014