“Good view of the island”

Port Erie Bicentennial Tower
Ranked #9 of 63 things to do in Erie
Reviewed July 17, 2013

The tower gives you a good view of the island but not Lake Erie. It is always fun to ride up and look around. They even have the put-a-coin-in viewers. It was fun but only if you have time to spare.

1  Thank Brenda P
There are newer reviews for Port Erie Bicentennial Tower

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Stopped on our way home to give my two younger children ages 4 and 6 a neat view of Erie. This tower is located on the bay area. The parking is easy to find and its 25 cents a half hour in the meter. The tower has the lower part you can walk around ground level. At the base of the tower is a little store sells Erie stuff and snack items. You purchase tickets in here to access the top floor and the 2nd level. The cost for me and my 2 kids. $3.00 my kids were free. The elevator takes you to the top level in about 5 seconds. It is a remarkable view and has some signage to read for the history of the place. Binocolars are located at the top at different location for a quarter. All in all we spend about 20 mins at the top. Then rode down the elevator to the 2nd level. * If you ride the elevator and get of the 2nd floor you have to walk down the steps and get back on the elevator in the store area. There are signs explaining this incase you forget. My kids thought it was cool but were not that excited. This was my second time and I think its neat. A quick and cheap stop to finish our Erie vacation. Also next to the tower is Four Points Sherdan and there is a water taxi and a larger boat that has dinner cruises.

3  Thank Ironcity
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We found this nice lovely spot on a morning breakfast run during our trip. We decided to walk down and sit on one of the tables/benches and eat our breakfast. What gorgeous views! Many people like to fish right here and it was great to watch them as well. The tower part has a nice little cafe inside and then has an elevator to go up to the next level of the tower. We decided to do the stairs which aren't bad at all. Beautiful views. Just a nice spot to just sit and relax. Great people watching as this seems to be a place to hang out but it also a very relaxing spot where you can just marvel at the views.

1  Thank IslandSun20
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Spend the $3, ride up in the elevator and get an awesome 360 degreeg view from the top! It was beautiful!

2  Thank rustyfankathie
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

The day I went, it was cloudy and overcast, but you could still see far away. $3 gets you to the top of the tower via elevator. The view was stunning. Gift shop/snack bar/restrooms on ground floor. Plenty of free parking.

1  Thank dbae27