“Delicious!”

Pineapple Eddie Southern Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Pineapple Eddie Southern Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 411 Restaurants in Erie
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Welcome to Pineapple Eddie Southern Bistro, Erie, Pennsylvania's newest dining experience. This family owned restaurant with its fusion of Southern regional and Caribbean cuisine is quickly becoming one of the hottest dining spots in the city. The harmonious mix of flavor, atmosphere and impeccable service makes this establishment one of Erie's culinary gems. If you're looking for a new restaurant that offers uniquely delicious food and a wonderful environment your friends and family will love, Pineapple Eddie is the place to be. Based in Erie, Pennsylvania, our family restaurant brings the flavor and hospitality of the south to the north.
“Delicious!”
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Born and raised in California, chicken and waffles was something I'd eat often. As a child we would spend summers in the LA area and Roscoes became a norm.
When we moved to Erie a month ago I was craving chicken and waffles, but figured "I'm in Erie, there's no way I'm going to find good chicken; let alone chicken and waffles."
My husband told one his classmates our anniversary was coming up and asked for some recommendations. They said try "Pineapple Eddie's." My husband asked what their speciality was and they said "you must try their chicken and waffles." He knew at that moment that's where he was taking me.
He came home that day and explained he had a surprise for me. He made reservations( which is a must because they get so crowded and they take reservations for two) when we got their I was ecstatic. I wanted to hug the chef.
We ordered the cheese plate to start which was so good, I just wish we had more crackers, but they gave us complimentary corn bread. I ordered chicken of waffles of course and so did the hubby.
I'm not one to clear my plate, but I ate everything! They let me choose a side I got red beans and rice and the hubby got French fries. So GOOD.
Oh yeah the service was amazing. When we got there the hostess introduced us so our server and they immediately brought us our drinks (sweet tea for me and a Pepsi for the hubby) anytime we got low on our beverage they were quick to bring out the pitcher to fill us up.
If you are craving good home cooking with a friendly atmosphere Pineapple Eddies is the place to go.

Erie, Pennsylvania
“Delicious Southern Fine Dining”
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Everything our party ordered was fresh, nicely presented and quite delicious. The atmosphere is sweet and intimate, lovely. The owners and staff are kind, talented and welcoming. Just when we thought it couldn't get better, we ordered the housemade desserts. Unreal decadent goodness. Go there now.

1 Thank gaiasong
Indiana, PA
“Is this really Erie, PA?”
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

This is a must-try restaurant!! Everything is homemade. Service is great. Atmosphere is delightful. As good as an fusion restaurant in a large metro area. Highly recommend!

Erie, Pennsylvania
“GOOD FOOD AND SERVICE”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

this was our first visit. barb had fish and i did the pork. both dishes were excellent. next visit i'll do the cat fish. they do not have a lic lic at this time. we brought a bottle of wine and there was no corking fee.

• Visited July 2013
South Lockport, New York, United States
“Soul Food with Soul!”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We saw this little place here on Tripadvisor when planning an overnight trip to Erie. We had NO idea what to expect from a name like Pineapple Eddie, but boy are we glad we took a chance on a quirky name with interesting descriptions and rave reviews from fellow travelers. This place is a MUST stop. The staff was so nice, the Chef even came out to chat with us!

Our food was delicious from the honey glazed corn bread muffins we started with, to our fish fry and cat fish finger appetizers. My significant other and I ordered the Chicken and Waffles, the likes of which we had only seen on the FoodNetwork and have always wanted to try and we simply blown away! The chicken was perfectly seasoned and fried, the waffles fluffy inside with a light crisp outside, syrup to slather on your waffles and chicken, and a side of veggies that included squash, zucchini, red onion cooked in some amazingly delicious flavors.

We took our tastebud experience to another level by finishing our meal with the house's speciality dessert- Eddie's Pineapple Pound cake, a warm pound cake with carmelized edges, vanilla ice cream, pineapples and caramel sauce.

We had such a great experience there we would make another day trip just to go back for dinner! We especially love the fact that it's family owned and you really can taste the love and heart that goes into every dish they bring out.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Angie S

Been to Pineapple Eddie Southern Bistro? Share your experiences!