“Great addition to Erie!”

Pineapple Eddie Southern Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Pineapple Eddie Southern Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 411 Restaurants in Erie
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Welcome to Pineapple Eddie Southern Bistro, Erie, Pennsylvania's newest dining experience. This family owned restaurant with its fusion of Southern regional and Caribbean cuisine is quickly becoming one of the hottest dining spots in the city. The harmonious mix of flavor, atmosphere and impeccable service makes this establishment one of Erie's culinary gems. If you're looking for a new restaurant that offers uniquely delicious food and a wonderful environment your friends and family will love, Pineapple Eddie is the place to be. Based in Erie, Pennsylvania, our family restaurant brings the flavor and hospitality of the south to the north.
Erie, Pennsylvania, United States
“Great addition to Erie!”
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

This was my first visit. The staff were very nice. We sat in the front room...I think the back room would have been cozier. Byob and no corkage fee! I think a bar will be available soon. Food was good. I had the special pork dish - a southern specialty of theirs. It was good but could have used some spice. Beans and rice is always good. Dessert was not over the top. The pineapple upside down cake was a bit dry. Service was nice but slow. I think they are working on overall service and atmosphere still as a newer restaurant. I will go back again. Very reasonable and casual.

“A wonderful neighborhood eatery.”
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

I had read good things about this restaurant, and so when it was time to take a friend out for her birthday dinner, we chose Pineapple Eddie. I could not be happier with the selection. From the moment we walked in we were greeted warmly, and made to feel very much at home. The menu is not huge, but it is unusual. The Southern cuisine is definitely not something that you can find many places in this area. And having the Caribbean aspect to it is a real plus as well. We both had the shrimp Creole dish. It was excellent. For dessert we both had a slice of the signature Pineapple Eddie poundcake. I thought it was quite good, however they had quite a few other options that sounded wonderful as well. Next time I go when I think I will try the chicken and waffle dish. That just seems like a crazy combination...It should be fun.

Edinboro, Pennsylvania
“Very good!”
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Wow, what a nice addition to Erie. This is what the area desperately needs. Locally owned and operated and not a chain, what a concept! I wish instead of standing in line at chain restraunts on Peach street that people would patronize places like this and many other local gems like Pineapple Eddies, Three B's and many others. It is located inside repurposed old business, decorated very nicely and lit well and seemed to have plenty of seating.

We went here with a group from work for lunch and glad we did. Two of us shared two lunch items, first an order of cat fish planks that were cooked to perfection. Second, was an amazing Cajun dish of shrimp, sausage and peppers with this amazing red sauce served over top of prepared grits. Not having ever been to New Orleans, I imagine this to be a dish I would be servers there on a visit. A few of my coworkers also had a roasted red pepper and tomatoe soup that all said was delicious.

Service was great, cleanliness top notch, so all and all this is a home run for inner city Erie!

Barrie, Ontario
“What a gem!!”
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

So glad I found this place on tripadvisor!! Worth every great review. Tons of gluten free possibilities and they were also very sensitive to the tree nut allergy in our group. Food bursting with flavor. As Canadians, the concept of byob was really foreign but GREAT!! Loved the table side visit from the chef. Will be hard to not go back again tonight. Highly recommend!!!

2 Thank melmobarrie
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I went last night for the first time and I'm excited to report that the restaurant lives up to all the great word-of-mouth it's been receiving. The Shrimp n' grits were FANTASTIC! The service was excellent and the atmosphere was very comfortable. I can't wait to go again.

1 Thank JazzEllas

Been to Pineapple Eddie Southern Bistro? Share your experiences!