“Go, Glass House!”
Review of Glass House Inn

Glass House Inn
Ranked #8 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Reviewed February 4, 2014

I stayed there last fall and liked it enough to rebook. There are some dreadful motels out there and then there are cozy-cute ones like the Glass House. Plus, it's close to half a gillion restaurants, so you'll have fun deciding where to eat. Go, Glass House!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
laura m, Owner at Glass House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Thank you for staying with us again! There are many great places close to the Glass House Inn. Tim and I love to help our guests find just what their in the mood for.

Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

My friend and I stayed at the glass house inn the past two July's with all of our children and plan to return this year in July as well!! We absolutely love this place!! It's very close distance to the beaches and Hoss's is just a few doors down! 2 years ago when we stayed there I had a bed that was so hard...like bricks. Last year before booking, I emailed the staff who told me there was a few rooms that had soft beds and that they would book my girls and I in that room! Well we got there and the bed was super comfy!!! The rooms are so clean!!! I took one of their white bath towels to clean up a spill on the bathroom floor and there was not even a spec of dirt on it!!!

Tim, the owner even remembered us from the year before! Now that's pretty cool! Tim is always at the pool testing levels and talking to his guests! We love the bfast in the morning! Nice and quick and feels like your eating in grandmas house!! I can't say enough about this place!! In a few more months I will be calling to book my room for the 2nd week of July!!!

If you need somewhere to stay while your in Erie, I promise you will not be disappointed!! Oh and the flowers outside of all the rooms are beautiful!! So well maintained!!

Thx Tim and Laura and we will see you in July!!

Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank tmboss17

Thank you for the review. We hope you will come stay with us again.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

The Glass house Inn is clean and rather old fashioned. we have stayed here several times. Looking to book again this year.

The only thing that really bothered us, is the loud partying, car running with radio blasting at all hours of the night into 3 a.m. Produced by the owners daughter. Very unprofessional. I cannot believe the owners let this happen. This is supposed to be a business, not a partying house, free-for-all.

We are trying it one more time, if this happens again, I think we will move on.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Isabella D
glasshouseinn, Owner at Glass House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Thank you for staying with us over the years. I guarantee you that we don't "let" something like that happen. That is totally unacceptable for anyone to behave that way on our property especially a family member. She does not live nor work at the property, so there is no reason for it. This is the first complaint I have had like this and I truly apologize and assure you it will NOT happen again. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we hope to see you again this summer.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

My husband and I had an opportunity to stay at the Glass House Inn. We could not have been more pleased. It was immaculate, tastefully decorated, quiet, very comfortable and convenient. The staff was cordial and went out of their way to please us. If you are looking for an alternative to a chain property, this would be a good choice.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
glasshouseinn, Owner at Glass House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Thank you so much for staying with us! We really appreciate your business and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

A great alternative to national hotel chains. The owners really seem to care and the property is very well maintained. I like the vintage character combined with attention to detail. Tripadvisor reviews that I read were accurate.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you very much for staying with us. We are glad you enjoyed the vintage character. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

we recently stayed at the Glass House Inn,and would advise anybody considering staying in the Buffalo area to book this motel.I could fault nothing at all during our stay,this is something I have only been able to say a couple of times in maybe 15 years of travelling the whole of the USA and staying in every possible chain and many hundreds of single motels.Thanks once again.
John and Jan Smith

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank johnsmith500

Thanks again for staying with us and we are glad you enjoyed our place. Thank you for the kind words. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Following our day at the Semi-Annual Quilt Auction at Lawrence County Fairgrounds (held 3rd Saturday in April and October), we headed north toward Erie and once again checked in at the Glass House Inn. Following church, we brought dinner to our room and enjoyed the true comfort of a warm and friendly room and a good nights rest. On Sunday morning, we visited with many others who filled the Inn full, as we enjoyed our continental breakfast. A perfect stay. Then off to Presque Isle to continue our fall adventure...give it a try!

Room Tip: Rooms are all good...we like queen with comfortable reclining chair