“Clean and very welcoming”
Review of Glass House Inn

Glass House Inn
Ranked #5 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
“Clean and very welcoming”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

My sister and I stayed here when we came up for the Northeast Wine Festival. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The staff are extremely pleasant, friendly, and very helpful. The Inn even serves a continental breakfast that was very good. We opted for a room with a queen size bed and a couch which was extremely nice and there was even a microwave and small refigerator in the room as well. Another positive aspect is that even though we were on a main street, it was very quiet and we did not hear any of the traffic going by. Overall, we were very comfortable with our accomodations and our stay was very pleasant. We are definitely staying here again.....as we are already starting to plan our trip for next year's Wine Festival.....

Mary Ann and Patty

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Thomas C W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Toronto
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Pros:
- Nice staff
- Cutesy breakfast room

Cons:
- All-carb breakfast
- Smelled of either dog or musty

Conclusion:
We booked it because it was #1 on TripAdvisor, but we would have to disagree with that assessment.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DiscerningCanuck
Duluth, GA
Reviewed September 21, 2013

This is an older converted motel into a semi-B&B. We checked in on a Thursday after discovering a mix-up in our reservations(ours, not theirs). No prob (as in the common vernacular), as Tim (owner) couldn't have been more helpful and accommodating. Nice little room with refrig, coffee, comfy bed, clean and quiet; even though it faced 26th. St - a main thoroughfare, it was relatively quiet all night!

Tim directed us to a nice restaurant (rating in another section) where we ate - within walking distance.

As mentioned, this is an older, 50's-60's-type inline motel so expect rooms to look,feel and have the basics that were in vogue during that period. Tim appears to be upgrading this little place, bit-by-bit as time and funds become available, but that doesn't hinder your stay one bit.

All-in-all, this was a pleasant experience - quiet, comfortable, and near restaurants. Being on one of the "main drags" you can expect to get to anywhere in a three-mile radius in town in a short time.

"Breakfast" was actually a short form of continental brand, coffee, some sweet rolls, cereal, etc.
Only negatives: No regular milk (only skim) and no 'half-and-half' cream for coffee.

If we're ever up this way again, we will make it our second stay at this place. Recommended with no reservations.

Room Tip: All rooms face 26th. Street - take your choice
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Gambier, Ohio
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I booked a room with the Glass House Inn initially because the price was good. The place is easy to find, has a friendly staff, even gives a complimentary breakfast! I have no complaints whatsoever. If I return to Erie, I will be retuning to the Glass House Inn. Highly recommend. Just make sure you arrive before 11 pm as the office closes.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I typically stay at places like Hampton Inn, Hilton Garden Inn, etc. Privately owned motels can be hit or miss and I usually avoid them because the misses are usually BIG misses. I'm not from the Erie area so I had no idea. I needed a place to stay for the Erie Marathon and all the major chains were already booked by the time I got around to it. I took a chance on this place and I have to say, I was 100% satisfied with everything. The first thing you'll notice is that everything, and I mean everything, is really well-maintained. Okay, so some of the furniture and fixtures look a little dated, but who cares when you know that it's clean? No nasty little stowaways here. The rooms were spotless and believe me, I am the type to look carefully with a flashlight before I start unpacking my clothes. The sink and the bathtub drained. The water was consistently hot when you needed it to be hot, and cold when you needed it to be cold. Mattress was comfortable with assorted soft and firm pillows. The staff at the front desk was accomodating and friendly. The flowers planted outside were a nice touch and everything felt cozy and safe. I'm not sure what else a person would want for the price. I would definitely stay here again, even if there were rooms open at the major chain hotels.

Room Tip: You can get rooms with one king size bed and rooms with 2 double beds.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

My wife & I stayed here the night of Sept 3rd. and what a great stay!! Wonderful staff working the front desk. The motel & room were immaculately clean, and their nightly rate was very well priced. Did not do the continental breakfast the next morning as it did't start till 7:30 am and we had to be on the road early. We will stay here the next time we come through Erie

• Stayed September 2013
Ford City, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Girls getaway was relaxing and great time. Pool was very clean very relaxing and quiet . The breakfast had a lot to offer and hit the spot . Rooms were comfortable and clean. Flower in full bloom in front of your rooms , is truly a get family oriented hotel We will be back next year.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends