“Nice place, but VERY VERY Dirty”

Family First Sports Park
Ranked #35 of 65 things to do in Erie
More attraction details
Owner description: Since 1994, Family First Sports Park in Erie, Pennsylvania has offered year round facilities for lease to event planners, coaches, organizations, businesses, retreats, and families. In that time, the sports park has been host to over 3 million new visitors, in which over 1.5 Million of those have been kids. The facility encompasses 70 acres of land, which includes 17 outdoor and 2 indoor soccer fields, 4 indoor and 8 outdoor basketball courts, a sports dome, dorm facilities, meeting rooms, and a fun center. Family First Sports Park's mission is to provide events that create a positive impact on the community and its youth, act as an influence in their lives through sports and retreats, and produce a home to great memories.
Reviewed August 11, 2008

I take my students here for a camp and the facility is nice and the staff is nice, but the dorm rooms and eating areas are very, very dirty. The young man at the desk told us they only have two people on the housekeeping staff. The rooms have broken lights and doors and the "chaperone" rooms bathrooms had urine all over them. You can tell all they do is change the trash and vacuum. We checked in at noon and a soccer camp before us checked out at 11...enough time to change the trash and vacuum. Nasty..

It's a shame it isn't kept more clean....

Reviewed July 9, 2008

My boyfriend and I went with my sister and her boyfriend and their daughter on Saturday. We had a coupon for $16 for the ultimate pass, so we used it. Putt-putt was horrible, greens are in poor shape, plants in and around the course are overgrown, causing interference with the game. Half of the holes are sticking out above the green, causing the ball to "jump" instead of go in. After that disappointment, we went to the bumper boats. 9 boats, 3 were working, 2 of those three had working water squirters. Hard for 5 people go on them when only two really "work". To top it off, they do not steer right. We had one last hope on the go-karts and that failed quickly. Line was incredibly long, which was expected for a Saturday. However, there was a group of teenagers who would not get off the go-karts when their turn was up, and rode several times in a row, with nothing being said to them by the staff running the karts. We ended up leaving a little over an hour after we got there. DO NOT waste your money here!

1  Thank savvyrae23
Reviewed December 31, 2007

My family (self, wife, two boys 6/8) visited this place for the first time on Sunday, 12/30/07. For $24, my wife (I just tagged along) and two boys played miniature golf and my boys both got to use the inflateables play area. Decent value, IMO.

The miniature golf was indoors, located at the one end of the giant golf dome. It was somewhat poorly lit, although it sounded as if they were undergoing a bit of renovations, from what I read at the front desk, so that may be why. The course itself was in fairly good shape, and was a regular golf course in miniature (no hokey windmills, characters, etc.). Not overly challenging, but great for our kids.

The inflateables area included seven giant inflateables that the kids could spend as much time as they wished. The only issue I had, was that it was unsupervised. However, they had very nice couches for the parents to sit on while they watched the kids.

Not the world's greatest place, but a nice alternative for a cold, nasty Erie winter weekend. They also have a bunch of outdoor activites (bumper boats, batting cages, mini-golf, etc.), but those were obviously all closed.

Good value, and the guy behind the main counter couldn't have been friendlier. He even went so far as to go out to the golf course and get a bunch of different mini-golf balls in various colors when my one son couldn't find the perfect color to play with right at the front desk. Very nice! I would definitely come back!

3  Thank polar_purple
Reviewed June 12, 2007

$20 bucks for an all day pass was a great way to spend my day with the kids. They ran around and did everything 5 times, the staff did a great job looking after them, so I didnt have to worry much. When I come back to Erie I will go here again.

3  Thank dlynn65