“An Erie Favorite”

Splash Lagoon Indoor Water Park Resort
Ranked #2 of 63 things to do in Erie
More attraction details
Owner description: Ride, Slide, Splash And Plunge Your Way To Fun At Splash Lagoon In Erie, PA. From 9 Swirling Water Slides, Relax In The Family Whirlpools, Float Down The Lazy River, Play In Adventure Bay, Get drenched by The 1,000 Gallon Tipping Bucket, Toddler Play Areas, Explore The 5 Story Tiki Tree House, 6,000 Sq Ft Of Gaming Fun In Treasure Island Arcade, One Of The Best Places To Kid Around For Your Birthday Or Group Outing.Play All Day Or Play In Stay At One Of Our Award Winning Hotels. Wild Waves Indoor Wavepool opening Fall 2011! Play All Day Or Play In Stay At One Of Our Award Winning Hotels. Coming Soon-10,000 Sq Ft Wave Pool Coming Spring 2009!
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Stairs / elevator, Activities for older children
Erie, PA.
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“An Erie Favorite”
Reviewed April 19, 2014

I have never been there other than to pick up my granddaughter, but this business has made Erie more than just a summer attraction. The water is always about 85 degrees & they keep improving it. There are many hotel packages which lower your cost of breakfast & your admission to Splash Lagoon. This one location has caused enough interest to create the need
to plan ahead ifyou want to rent a hotel room in Erie. This is especially true if you want one near
the water park. The Holiday Inn Express will provide the easiest access to the water park because there is a heated walkway to it. You never have to go outside to enjoy Splash Lagoon.
Plan well ahead if you want this hotel. However there are many hotels and restaurants in the immediate area.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Carl H
Scott-Ent, Director at Splash Lagoon Indoor Water Park Resort, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Thank you for the review. We hope to continue to be an Erie favorite for you and your family for many years to come!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent first visit!”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

We came to Splash Lagoon for the first time over our spring break from March 27-30. I have twin boys who are 15 and they had a great time. They loved the lazy river, wave pool, black hole and cyclone slides. I loved the adult hot tub. Thursday and Friday weren't too crowded, but Saturday was pretty bad. We expected this so we didn't let it bother us. We came in as soon as the park opened so we had some time on the slides before the crowd hit. Everyone was very nice and I thought the life guards kept a good eye on everyone. The park was very clean. We loved our room at the Comfort Inn. Our boys loved the bunk beds in our kids suite. It was a very relaxing way to spend spring break and we will definitely be back. Thank you for providing such a great place for families.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Lonnie F
Scott-Ent, Director at Splash Lagoon Indoor Water Park Resort, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
I am so pleased you enjoyed your visit and appreciate the feedback about the park, lifeguards and hotel room.
I truly hope we may be of service again in the future!
Mount Union, Pennsylvania
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Disappointed”
Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

I have a family of 5. two adults, a 13 yr old teen boy, and 2 girls ages 6 & 2. My husband & teen son had a blast on all the slides. I was however disappointed that on our 2nd day there they kicked my 6 yr old out of the little kid area. She is afraid of deep water so the kid area was just her speed. She spent lots of time playing with her little sister, until they came around with measuring how tall the kids were and throwing kids out. My 6 yr old is tall for her age but in no way is she big. She is so skinny. We have trouble getting her to gain weight. She was devastated that they kicked her out. I was furious. We had wristbands for the next day but we gave them away. We will not be visiting here again. The Guys however did have a great time and there is tons of stuff to do there.

1 Thank Lacy H
I'm so sorry your visit wasn't a great one.
We do have an area for our smallest guests and their parents. However, I understand that some children are not as comfortable with water and slides, and may not be ready for the big slides just yet. I will discuss this with our aquatics manager and make sure we work with guests as much as possible.
I would be more than happy to discuss your experience with you if you would like to give me a call at your convenience. Carrie 814-217-1113
Erie, Pennsylvania
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“I played a chimpanzee here once...”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Yes, you may be asking yourself, what does that title have to do with this review? And I would answer, nothing, but it got your attention! Their mascot used to be a chimp named, DJ. Don't ask me why...
It is in fact, a fun if not expensive place to go and have a break from the ordinary. As with any theme park with rides and attractions, you do get your moneys worth. Where else can you go to in the middle of winter and enjoy 84 degree temperature and go swimming, sliding, hanging at a wave pool or in a hot tub? It's pretty cool, and by that I mean warm! There is a giant bucket of water that fills up and dumps over the middle of the water park, it's cool to see everyone run towards it every few minutes to get drenched! Don't worry though, it's in the middle of the park and there are dry places for non water loving folk away from the moistness.
There is all sorts of stuff for parents to do while the kids are playing in the water. There is an adult area with a hot tub, a bar and karaoke, as well as family dining areas and video game arcade!
All in all, there is a price to come here but it is worth it for year round fun in the psuedo-sun!
And don't worry, I will not be making an appearance dressed as a chimp, unless you're into that sort of thing...

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Skunky S
I will definitely let "DJ" know you asked about him...
We have a different "DJ" here tomorrow night for our After Dark Party from 9 pm to 12:30 am!! Lots of Fun!
We hope to see you again soon!
Erie, Pennsylvania
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“its summer all year long”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

great park,great location,plenty of restaurant and hotel choices.The new wave pool is the largest on the east coast.The hot tub next to the bar is great for dad and mom

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Davo513
Glad to here you're a fan! We hope to have you as our guest again soon!