“Short commute, fun waterpark”

Splash Lagoon Indoor Water Park Resort
Ranked #2 of 63 things to do in Erie
More attraction details
Owner description: Ride, Slide, Splash And Plunge Your Way To Fun At Splash Lagoon In Erie, PA. From 9 Swirling Water Slides, Relax In The Family Whirlpools, Float Down The Lazy River, Play In Adventure Bay, Get drenched by The 1,000 Gallon Tipping Bucket, Toddler Play Areas, Explore The 5 Story Tiki Tree House, 6,000 Sq Ft Of Gaming Fun In Treasure Island Arcade, One Of The Best Places To Kid Around For Your Birthday Or Group Outing.Play All Day Or Play In Stay At One Of Our Award Winning Hotels. Wild Waves Indoor Wavepool opening Fall 2011! Play All Day Or Play In Stay At One Of Our Award Winning Hotels. Coming Soon-10,000 Sq Ft Wave Pool Coming Spring 2009!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator, Activities for young children
Pittsburgh, PA
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 190 helpful votes
“Short commute, fun waterpark”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We live not far from Pittsburgh, so Splash Lagoon is about a 90 minute drive. For that commute, this is a good option for us. Overall, it's pretty clean. Food options are exceedingly limited and pretty pricey. Beer/drinks were actually reasonable. We noticed that some people had brought food in, which I'm sure is a no-no, but no one seemed to mind/notice.

The one thing you need to know is that they do not have any towels there. You must bring your own or pay $20 at the gift shop. This is ridiculous. For $40-50/day, I think they can offer towel service.

Visited February 2014
Scott-Ent, Director at Splash Lagoon Indoor Water Park Resort, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
I'm glad to hear you liked the park, and appreciate your feedback so we can serve you better. We offer an inexpensive, non-logo towel at the Guest Services Desk and Locker Hut in case a guest forgot theirs, or if they need additional towels during their stay.
Be sure to watch for our summer specials like Carload Days and Summer Season Passes! These and other summer deals will definitely make it worth another trip to Erie this soon!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Lots of fun, very cold.”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We loved this park. We've done a few other indoor water parks, but this was our favorite so far. Rides are great, very safe, attentive lifeguards, clean facilities, and lots of non-water things to do like Treetops ropes course, arcade, family craft center. My only MAJOR complaint is the temperature. It's freezing in there. 84 degrees my foot! I swear, with all that is good and holy, they drop the temperature as the day goes on and gets busier as a form of crowd control. When we first went in Friday morning, it was warm and pretty comfortable, on the floor as well as at the top of the slide queues. By evening, when the weekend crowd was building, it was freezing. Windows were open! Fans in the ceiling designed to push warm air down (I presume) were on full-blast, creating a freezing breeze instead of circulating warm air. We had exactly the same experience Saturday. If temperature-induced-crowd-control is their aim, they succeed. Because we left when the cold got unbearable, as did many of the folks around us.

Go through the week to avoid the crowds, though paying full-price for a Thursday when the park opens at 3:30 is totally bunk. We went on a Thursday and left Saturday. A good plan.

Lots of great place to eat nearby. I would limit buying food in the park as it's overpriced and basically carbs and salt, unless you're into that kind of thing.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn attached to the park. Nice. Pretty clean. GREAT "free" breakfast." The place needs sprucing up (paint, trim, wallpaper), but was otherwise perfect for a quick getaway.

1 Thank mesamiller
Thank you for the feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed the park. We will reevaluate the fan speed to make sure we're moving air effectively, and keeping all of the sections of the park consistently pleasant for guests. Come back to see us again soon!
Corning, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Reviews are making me Second-guess..”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I am traveling from 3 hours away for a Birthday trip for my 9 year old son. We will be at the Park on Saturday. He is bringing a friend along and we will be staying overnight.
Tickets seemed expensive ($35.99 each) for 4 of us. Plus a hotel room. My spouse and I will not be taking part in the water park but we were told that since the kids are under the age of 12, we would have to purchase tickets anyways. Pretty ridiculous..
After reading the recent reviews, I'm concerned that I should have read them PRIOR to purchasing, planning, and getting the kids excited. I hope and pray that the "issues" have been addressed and improved upon.
Any tips to share with me prior to my stay? Thanks!

1 Thank FunMom2014
Scott-Ent, Director at Splash Lagoon Indoor Water Park Resort, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Hello! We are excited to have you as our guest this weekend. Please ask for myself (Carrie) or the General Manager, Sandra, if you have any concerns during your stay. We will be more than happy to help. Travel safely!
Albion, ny
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Kid At Heart”
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

This is my 6th trip in as many years. Thank goodness I have grand kids. A great way to break up the winter. Always get the overnight package ( at Holiday Inn Express) if we can. From the wave pool to the water slides, family whirlpool to adult hot tub. You get your money's worth. Only things I would improve, the cleanliness of the grille Area and availability of tables throughout the park. Get there early and claim a table or you will never get 1.

3 Thank Donna W
Scott-Ent, Director at Splash Lagoon Indoor Water Park Resort, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Thank you for your recent review, and for being a regular visitor to the park. I'm glad to hear that you had a great visit with your family. We will continue to try to find ways to improve, including additional seating areas.
Pittsburgh
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Dirty and overcrowded. Too many intoxicated "swimmers"”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

We took our 5 and 2 year old boys for a weekend "splash getaway". For $300 we enjoyed 2 hours of pure misery. The pools/water activities were packed wall-to-wall with people. We were shocked at the number of clearly intoxicated guests who were permitted on the slides and in the pools. My son stepped on a used bandaid in the wave pool. Tha floors everywhere were filthy. No one was policing lines to the slides and several people simply skipped the wait and cut in toward the front. You are required to bring your own towels but no place to put them while you swim. The perfect ending to our day was a large pile of puke outside of the entrance that I had the privilege of stepping in as I carried my toddler to the car. Horrible experience!!!

7 Thank litaz
I'm so sorry that your visit wasn't better. I will take your concerns to the management team, and we will discuss how we can improve in those areas. If you would like to discuss any additional details of your visit, please contact me at your convenience. Carrie 814-217-1111