“Whole family got sick” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Splash Lagoon Indoor Water Park Resort

Splash Lagoon Indoor Water Park Resort
Ranked #3 of 58 things to do in Erie
More attraction details
Owner description: Ride, Slide, Splash And Plunge Your Way To Fun At Splash Lagoon In Erie, PA. From 9 Swirling Water Slides, Relax In The Family Whirlpools, Float Down The Lazy River, Play In Adventure Bay, Get drenched by The 1,000 Gallon Tipping Bucket, Toddler Play Areas, Explore The 5 Story Tiki Tree House, 6,000 Sq Ft Of Gaming Fun In Treasure Island Arcade, One Of The Best Places To Kid Around For Your Birthday Or Group Outing.Play All Day Or Play In Stay At One Of Our Award Winning Hotels. Wild Waves Indoor Wavepool opening Fall 2011! Play All Day Or Play In Stay At One Of Our Award Winning Hotels. Coming Soon-10,000 Sq Ft Wave Pool Coming Spring 2009!
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Activities for older children, Activities for young children
Jamestown, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Whole family got sick”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

My wife and i took our 3 children ages 5,7,13 to splash lagoon for valentines day weekend. We stayed 2 days and we all got sick. All 3 kids have bad skin rashes and chlorine burns. My wife and i both got stomach aches and fevers. Not sure if it was from the disgusting food or the dirty bacteria filled water. The symptoms were minor at the end of the first day but were quite a bit worse at the end of the second day. We all came home miserable. The hotel was ok but the park was an absolute joke. Way over crowded and over priced. They dont have enough lockers to accommodate the guest so the limited seating that is there is filled with peoples towels and bags. You wait in line forever for an expensive cold hard cheese burger then find that there is no place to sit.
We waited all winter to go to this place and we were all so excited. After only 2 days not even our kids want to go back. Also we stopped at their lazer tag place on the way out. $60 for us to play for 20 minutes. They double booked our lazer tag reservation so we had to go in with another family and got no discount. Half the guns and vests didnt even work and it was freezing cold in there. We definitely do NOT recommend splash lagoon to anyone and wont be going back ever. We were warned by our friends not to go and didnt listen but now we know. Only told half of our bad experience. I honestly would have to think the good reviews on here are fake. I live only 20 minutes away so i will be sure to warn anyone i can.

Visited February 2014
10 Thank Triptaker716
Scott-Ent, Director at Splash Lagoon Indoor Water Park Resort, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear Sir,
After reading your review, I am hoping that your family is feeling much better.
The park was definitely busy over the holiday weekend, but I assure you that did not prevent us from constantly checking the balance of the pool chemicals, and ensuring a safe environment for our guests.
I would be happy to listen and try to assist with any additional concerns regarding your stay. Please contact me at your convenience at 814-217-1113.
Carrie

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“A ton of Fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

We visited Splash Lagoon when we were in Erie for a few days. I usually don't like indoor waterparks, but we loved this one. The kids had so much fun on all of the slides. The water temperatures were perfect. The water and floors were clean. There are lifeguards watching everyone, they enforce the rules. The baby pool was nice. We loved it. We will be back next time we are in Erie.

Visited August 2013
4 Thank Bikits
Scott-Ent, Director at Splash Lagoon Indoor Water Park Resort, responded to this review, February 8, 2014
Thank you for the great feedback! I'm glad the the park offered a warm, and comfortable environment for you and your family to relax. I hope that you will be able to visit us again soon!
Hastings, Canada
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“2nd annual trip as fun as the first!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

We stayed in the holiday inn for 4 nights and spent everyday at the waterpark with my family of 6 ( four children ages 9,10,11,12.) The water temperatures were perfect, indoor ambient temperature was also perfect. One thing that I notice at this particular water park is the lifeguards are very diligent and very good at what they do. I felt very safe that out kids were safe at all times and also having fun. We did have one issue with the guy working the aqua tumbler one day. He quickly barks out what hand signals to use and then completely ignores them. I had to specifically tell him to stop the ride as he was ignoring my sons signals. And when asked to go slower for my daughter, ok pretty sure he just sped it up! I got in it myself and asked him to take it easy but you can probably guess what happened... After I left, my wife on another occasion had to tell the same guy to stop when she noticed another boy giving the stop signal. It wasn't until half the line was yelling at him, did he actually do stop. Imagine how happy I was to see him working the tree top trekking later on that day! He literally has the personality of a tree stump but the trek was fine, kids loved it. The arcade seemed to be a little more pricey than last year and you could also tell that by the lack of children playing the games. Although... This is a waterpark. Kids loved the lazer tag also. The cafeteria is convenient but waaaaay over priced. All in all it was a fun experience and we will definitely return next year :)

Visited December 2013
2 Thank Buntcake98
Scott-Ent, Director at Splash Lagoon Indoor Water Park Resort, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
I'm so glad you had a warm, fun and safe visit. We constantly coach our attraction staff members on safety and guest interaction. We will continue to work on this daily, and appreciate your feedback. We look forward to having you as our guests again next year!
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great Water Park for All Ages”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

This was our 4 times to Splash Lagoon and was the first time there since they opened the wave pool. We love this water park as the water is surprisingly warm. They have an area just for little kids. The slides are great. The wave pool is large considered it is an indoor water park. The lifeguards are always on high alert. There are complementary life jackets for younger kids. When we went there few weeks ago, they still provided complementary pool towels. However, they are no longer providing this service so you need to bring your own towels as of Jan 7th. We stayed at Holiday Inn Express to walk to the water park. This is definitely a fun place to go during winter months.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank C S
Scott-Ent, Director at Splash Lagoon Indoor Water Park Resort, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
I'm so glad you had a great time at the park! Thank you for your feedback. We want to make each visit a great one!
Rochester, New York, United States
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Great place for family fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

Spent a long weekend there with the family and loved it. There are a ton of activities for kids of all ages, and it's a great value.

Visited April 2013