“Rainy day exercise.”

Splash Lagoon Indoor Water Park Resort
Ranked #2 of 65 things to do in Erie
More attraction details
Owner description: Ride, Slide, Splash And Plunge Your Way To Fun At Splash Lagoon In Erie, PA. From 9 Swirling Water Slides, Relax In The Family Whirlpools, Float Down The Lazy River, Play In Adventure Bay, Get drenched by The 1,000 Gallon Tipping Bucket, Toddler Play Areas, Explore The 5 Story Tiki Tree House, 6,000 Sq Ft Of Gaming Fun In Treasure Island Arcade, One Of The Best Places To Kid Around For Your Birthday Or Group Outing.Play All Day Or Play In Stay At One Of Our Award Winning Hotels. Wild Waves Indoor Wavepool opening Fall 2011! Play All Day Or Play In Stay At One Of Our Award Winning Hotels. Coming Soon-10,000 Sq Ft Wave Pool Coming Spring 2009!
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Good way to get the kids moving on a rainy day/weekend. Have taken my kids several times over the years. If they can't be outside to play, this place will give them room to run, splash, swim, and play. My daughter's birthday party was here several years ago and they offered a good deal - hotel, breakfast, lagoon special. A couple words of caution ... 1) if you have small children that are senstive to noise - not the place for them - VERY loud. 2) if you need to have your children in eyesight all the time, get ready to move. You can't sit in a chair and see them everywhere... this place is huge! I strongly suggest taking a cooler and going out to the car (or back to your room) for lunch. The snack bar is very expensive and the food is, well, yuk. But the water park is fun, water is warm, air is warm, play areas are clean, and the kids will sleep good at night - YEA!

2  Thank leanna c
Write a ReviewReviews (2,460)

Reviewed August 25, 2012

Great indoor water park... Many, many slides... lazy river... wave pool... large kids area... adult hot tub/relaxing pool... kids hot tub.... much much more.

1  Thank Lou K
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We really enjoyed our time at Splash Lagoon. It was very clean (only a little small trash here & there), well staffed (there were life-guards everywhere) and it had a wide variety of rides for the family. I agree with others that the Lazy River was on the smaller side, but it was fine for a quick go-around.
One thing that I thought was a little much was that there were lines for three slides on one set of stairs, and two of them were tube slides, so that got congested as the day wore on and it was a little difficult to squeeze between tubes to ride the third slide (non-tube slide). I also thought it strange that they didn't have any signage as to where you could get a tube for the slides, and we had to ask the staff where to find them. And once you were done with the tube, other people were waiting to get a hold of it, so I'm glad it wasn't busier than it was, or we would have had a problem getting one after we gave ours up. (We went on a Monday and it wasn't too busy). We decided not to eat there because there are a lot of restaurants within a few minutes drive, and we were okay with leaving and coming back. Overall, our kids had a lot of fun and I would recommend it to someone wanting to visit. I would definitely recommend checking out their website for current promotions, because we did that and got a great deal for the day.

2  Thank stephanieg51
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I visited Splash Lagoon (SL) with a young adult, a teenager, and a secongrader. My six-year-old son went on one slide and was done with them. He did not want to use the slides by himself. Very few slides allowed two people at a time. He enjoyed the children's hot tub with his big "sisters." The teenager had a blast on all the slides but was disappointed at being stuck in a hot tub with babies. The adult hot tub is very nice but you cannot supervise your children from there. Bring a babysitter or just stay out of the over-21 area. Noticed adults leaving young children unsupervised so Mom & Dad could have some quiet time.

Pros: The staff! Everyone was extremely helpful and friendly! I used the military discount for two of us. The cashier told me I could also purchase military guest passes at a reduced rate that was cheaper than our coupons. AWESOME! Plus, the lifeguards where fantastic! I was a hotel/resort/wave pool/YMCA guard for more than a decade. The lifeguards did not use cell phones, did not congregate and chat, and were constantly scanning and observing their surroundings. It seemed that they followed the Disney procedure of station rotation to prevent boredom and burnout. Nice. BTW, the military discount cannot be used in the gift shop. Lockerrooms: pretty clean and spacious. Family change room has a small but handicap accessable shower.

Middle: Lunch cost. I found it cheaper than the Smithsonian and Marineland but more expensive than McDonalds. The food was good, cooked to order, but they ran out of ketchup.

Cons: The place is DIRTY!!! Mops just push the dirt around. They need to close up for a couple days and SCRUB everything. The splash pad/fountain with SL's logo is gross. Light blue areas are black/brown with dirt. Each step is coated with dirt, grim is visible in all the cracks in the floors and stairs. Once that is done they should repair the splash pad and other broken/worn items.

Tips: Per my brother, a former SL fan, "Go to Kalahari in Ohio, better value." In Erie, stay at a hotel nearby (Hampton Inn) instead of connected to the resort. I saved over $200 per night. Use the lockers at Splash Lagoon. The key's wristband was too big so I attached it to my waterproof watch. Do not have cash in pockets when using the wave pool!! The waves will open velcro and zippers.

5  Thank TK I
Reviewed August 20, 2012

My wife and I went for the day and had a great time. It was a Saturday during the summer, and even though it was busy, it was not overcrowded. It was not too expensive, the lines moved quickly, the slides and the wave pool were a lot of fun. The only downside is that some slides are not well labeled at the bottom: you can't tell if the slide(s) at the top are tube or body slides, and some people were confused about which line was where. One staircase has lines for three different slides which can be confusing and is definitely a tight squeeze. Still, if you have a little patience the experience is great! I would definitely go again!

Tip: many of the local businesses give out coupons for reduced-price admission. We got ours at Dunkin Donuts and got $6 off each on our admission.