“TOO Loud, cold stale food, rude staff”

The Plymouth Tavern
Ranked #49 of 414 Restaurants in Erie
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 25, 2013

My wife & I were there this past Saturday (3/23/13) during NCAA games and the place was so loud I could hardly hear anything. We were told to "sit anywhere" then after getting our drinks and ordering our dinner, the same waitress who did these things said we had to move to another table. I do regret that I responded poorly myself, but she absolutely NEVER even apologized for allowing us to get our drinks, order and then tell us we had to move. We finally moved, the food came. It was cold, my french fries were cold & stale, the bun was stale. My burger was small and cold; my wife's crab cake was not warm. They did not charge us for anything at all. BUT, I would NEVER recommend them to anyone.

2  Thank GEORGE M

Reviewed March 13, 2013

After traveling to Erie for business wanted something not franchise. Read reviews on this place and decided to check it out for myself.
Was a decent crowd, great beer selection. Plenty of IPA's.
Ordered a Philly Cheese Steak. Was very tasty, and was priced at $6.25. I had 2 IPA's and my total bill was $14.50

Reviewed March 5, 2013

If you're in downtown Erie, a stop at the Plymouth is always worthwhile. Good menu and food, full bar with plenty of beers on draft..

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Had a late evening dinner there this past thursday. Nice place, excellent food and staff. We will return in the future.

Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

I had a wonderful time dining here last Saturday. I'm now recommending it to anyone that wants a good meal for a good price. I had wings and burger with fries (onion & cheese) and my mouth was watering immediately. I was shocked at how good it tasted. I also had the chocolate cheese cake which just by saying it I'm sure you get the picture of the good times that I had.

1  Thank Abdul A