Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Erie (Summit Township)
Baymont Inn & Suites Erie(Erie)(Great Value!)
$105
$90
$72
$67
$63
Red Roof Inn Erie(Erie)(Great Value!)
$64
$53
All reviewskids suitewater parksplash lagoonbunk bedsjacuzzi tubindoor waterparkfront deskan executive suitetable chairsclosest hotelgas fireplacefull kitchencinnamon bunspull out couchstayed one nightmini fridgehotel stay
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Check in was quick and smooth. No issues on our stay. Staff was accommodating and all our request was met. Free breakfast was appreciated. Access to water park from within the hotel. Ask for higher floors for a good view. Will definitely go back.

Room Tip: Non smoking room on higher floor
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Karly M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Erie (Summit Township), responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

On behalf of myself and my team we are truly happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us at the Holiday Inn Express. Thank you for taking time to share your positive feedback from your recent stay with us. We hope to see you and your family again soon. I would love to help in any future plans you may have in comming to the Erie area again.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

First, I would not stay at this hotel again and I am a very loyal IHG Platinum member. But the hotel is quite a bit dated compared to HI Express in my opinion and it likely shows a bit more wear and tear since it is connected to a water park.

I stayed in rooms 423 and 523, both rooms had two beds. So out of 4 beds, I would say all mattresses were pretty worn and inconsistent. I also thought the hotel in general and in the rooms were not as clean as other HI Express properties.

The staff/service after my stay was great (I had to call to fix a minor issues), but during the stay and during check-in there was very little over the top customer service.

In my opinion it is a 2 star average Holiday Inn Express. I will probably would stay at the hotel again, but if another IHG property opened in Erie that is for sure where I would stay.

Like other reviews, my room was not clean. Found hair in both and room was simply worn down.

Room Tip: A different hotel :)
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

I would first like to thank you for taking time to write your review from your stay with us at Holiday Inn Express in Erie. I would also like to extend my apologies for inconsistency you had found with our property. I would like you to know your concerns are not taken lightly and we take these reviews very seriously. As we strive to make our service top notch, reviews such as yours are taken back to our team in efforts that situations like this do not occur again. Also in the near future we will be making some updates in the rooms. As a valued customer of the IHG brand we hope that in your travels you would consider giving us another chance. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

This is our 2nd time staying at splash lagoon.

The BAD: hotel staff never seems friendly and the breakfast is a complete disaster in the mornings both times. . not enough food. . plates or seats.

The waterpark is cold. . we've been to Kalahari multiple times and is MUCH MUCH warmer inside the park. Part of the reason we like Kalahari better.

The GOOD: We love the waterpark. .our son is 3 and is very big for his age. He loves that he does not have to wear a lifejacket on the slides. He has no fear and goes down every slide and loves it. A major reason why we chose Splash Lagoon over Kalahari the last two times. . only down fall is the temp. it is no way 80 in there. Lines are always short and or fast moving. The employees inside the park are very helpful and polite.

The other thing is we found dirty socks and crumbs in our sons bunk beds. . it was gross we complained to the front desk they really didnt care - they said they would send someone to change the bedding and never did. . our son slept in our bed that night bc it was gross in his. I feel pretty let down on the customer service at the hotels. We will not be coming back due to this. We will try Great Wolf Lodge or go back to Kalahari next time. The hotel situation kills Splash Lagoon for our family. At Kalahari you feel like you are more on a resort and the hotel staff is much more friendly. We even called back after we checked out to complain and the front desk said they would have the manager contact us. . still nothing almost 2 weeks later.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank BuckeyeGirly
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Erie (Summit Township), responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Dear BuckeyeGirly,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our waterpark.

However,We’re sorry you received poor customer service from our staff and housekeeping as well as the poor breakfast selection. We will address this and I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed November 15, 2012

We decided to stay here as a package with the water park and based on some poor reviews from the other nearby hotels. I decided to get the kids suite with a bunk bed and a jucuzzi tub. Really not worth the money because we spent all day in the water and nobody even used the gigantic jacuzzi. I would recommend the cheapest room available since your basically sleeping there and that's it. Check in 4, Out at 11 and since the water park stays open til 9 theres not much time or energy left to enjoy the room. Everything seemed cleaned, plenty of towels, sturdy bunk beds. A king bed would have been nice since I was spending $330 for one night( which included water park passes) The breakfast food was great, but eating area was a little crowded and noisy. There were a few business type people eating as well and they seemed frustrated with all the kids running around and the line to get some coffee.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank William P
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Rented 2 room suite for my family of 7.cost approx. $675 for one Sat. night. check in took over 20 min. and key did not work first time. Room was not vacuumed,hair on bathroom floor and in tub,paint peeling on ceiling(rm 328).Hallways had large stains everywhere.Now the bad part.Rented a locker on Sat. for some small items.Cost of $15. $5 for locker and a deposit of $10.On Sunday I tried to return key for my deposit.(also I was not supposed to keep the key over night.And I only kept it for the convenience of not having to go through the process again.Which was not posted anywhere or was it stated.) I was told at this time I needed my receipt.I was not told to keep it or I would have!So now they will not refund my deposit....ok it's only $10 but I still have the key which they wanted.I still have the key.Must be cheaper to repair,then to have me give up the key. Water park was nice,and staff at park, just ok. Highlight of the whole trip was breakfast and leaving.Sorry to say we wont be returning until I receive an apology.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family