“Not quite up to par”
Review of Solstice

Solstice
Ranked #32 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Reviewed May 19, 2014

My wife and I stay at Country Inn & Suites hotels whenever possible but, this one seems a little weary. The room was clean and quiet and the bed & pillows were comfortable. The free WiFi was ok but a bit slow. We didn't take in the free breakfast but went down the road to Bob Evans for a real breakfast. There was an odd smell in the lobby and hallways like disinfectant which was not nice. Just seemed it needs a refurb.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DWGB

Reviewed May 2, 2014

First of all my husband and I are huge Country Inn & Suites fans...we have stayed in many on our journeys. With that said, this Country Inn & Suites in Erie was not up to par. It was obvious that the management was cutting costs on the customer's comfort. The room was clean but it was the little things that began to add up and by the time we left we were fully irritated with the place. It started when my husband took a shower that evening and noticed that the drain was very slow. He then noticed the hook on the bathroom door was missing and he could not hang his wet towel. Ok no biggie. As we settled in bed we clicked on the remote to watch TV and that's when we noticed there was no TV channel quide on the nightstand or in the room at all. I searched for the usual pen and paper pad to write a note for housekeeping to put one in the room for the next guest but..nope, none offered. Ugh. Tried to sleep that evening but the fridge make such a racket that we both were punching our pillows all night long. In the morning I showered and noticed that the shower floor mat was grey from use and age as well as the bath towel...it was nasty looking. We managed to go down for breakfast around 8:30 am...a good hour before the buffet closed up. First off the breakfast room was too tiny, we were all elbows with other guests. I opened the hot breakfast serving tray and it was empty of food except for one tough piece of cinnamon toast and 3 sticks of bread something or another. Basically it felt that the breakfast was put out early and not replenished or tended to by the staff. I saw a black ant sucking on some spilled maple syrup on a nearby dirty table. They seriously need better staff to tend the kitchen and buffet. We left the hotel with some hot coffee but we could not find any lids to fit it properly but the coffee was excellent. All in all we did not have a comfortable stay and most likely we will not return to this Country Inn & Suites.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ccc1055
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Friendly and helpful staff. Great breakfast. Very clean. A little outdated, but no complaints! Also free cookies! I would recommend this hotel chain to anyone. I've stayed in numerous over the country and have had only great experiences.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed March 20, 2014

I arrived mid evening on the night of my reservation with my two children. I was told when I made our reservation that a request was being put in the system for a non-smoking room with 2 queen beds. We were given a smoking room with 2 queen beds. The stale smoke odor was terribly strong in the room. It took your breath away. My kids could not wait until the morning so we could check out. Also on our way to our room on the 3rd floor--the hallway was filled with other adult guests who took it upon themselves to remove the chairs from their rooms and establish a party in the hallway with alcohol. Their children ran up and down the hall yelling and slamming doors. We had to walk to a convenience store for a drink as all vending machines were sold out....not a positive experience at all......

Room Tip: If assigning a smoking room to a non-smoker---please try to lessen the stale smoke odor--I am pretty...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Amy N
Reviewed March 19, 2014

We have stayed at the Country Inn twice now, and both times were excellent. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. The price was good, the beds were comfortable and it included a breakfast that had hot foods as well as fruit and cereal. It is conveniently located for shopping and close to I-90. This is where will we stay when we return to Erie.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Decided to go shopping for the weekend, and picked this hotel since it was on the main strip and close to everything we wanted to hit.

Check in and check out was fine.

Mini fridge was decent, kept our drinks cold.

There were some gross looking spots on our wall, looks like it was to do with our lampshade and the bulb getting too hot or something, gross white blobs. It looked pretty gross.

My mom loved the bathtub, she said it was huge and fell asleep in it lol. I just took quick showers and relaxed, the beds were very comfy.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Nice hotel. Very close to I-90. We were upgraded to a suite due to having gold status. Room had a small living room area when you walked in with a pull-out couch and chair. There was a sink/mini-fridge/microwave combo in the middle of the room. Comfy bed in the back.
Breakfast was good several hot items, oatmeal, yogurt, fruit, bagels, cereal, juices.Hotel seemed fully booked on Saturday night, so breakfast was packed on Sunday morning. Staff did a good job in keeping the food coming.
We didnt use the pool, but it looked nice, small hot tub next to it as well.
Overall, nice hotel. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple