“Good deal, clean space” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Solstice

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Solstice
Ranked #31 of 38 Hotels in Erie
“Good deal, clean space”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

Friendly and helpful staff. Great breakfast. Very clean. A little outdated, but no complaints! Also free cookies! I would recommend this hotel chain to anyone. I've stayed in numerous over the country and have had only great experiences.

• Stayed March 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
West Sunbury, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

I arrived mid evening on the night of my reservation with my two children. I was told when I made our reservation that a request was being put in the system for a non-smoking room with 2 queen beds. We were given a smoking room with 2 queen beds. The stale smoke odor was terribly strong in the room. It took your breath away. My kids could not wait until the morning so we could check out. Also on our way to our room on the 3rd floor--the hallway was filled with other adult guests who took it upon themselves to remove the chairs from their rooms and establish a party in the hallway with alcohol. Their children ran up and down the hall yelling and slamming doors. We had to walk to a convenience store for a drink as all vending machines were sold out....not a positive experience at all......

Room Tip: If assigning a smoking room to a non-smoker---please try to lessen the stale smoke odor--I am pretty...
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Amy N
Collingwood, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

We have stayed at the Country Inn twice now, and both times were excellent. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. The price was good, the beds were comfortable and it included a breakfast that had hot foods as well as fruit and cereal. It is conveniently located for shopping and close to I-90. This is where will we stay when we return to Erie.

Cambridge, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

Decided to go shopping for the weekend, and picked this hotel since it was on the main strip and close to everything we wanted to hit.

Check in and check out was fine.

Mini fridge was decent, kept our drinks cold.

There were some gross looking spots on our wall, looks like it was to do with our lampshade and the bulb getting too hot or something, gross white blobs. It looked pretty gross.

My mom loved the bathtub, she said it was huge and fell asleep in it lol. I just took quick showers and relaxed, the beds were very comfy.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

Nice hotel. Very close to I-90. We were upgraded to a suite due to having gold status. Room had a small living room area when you walked in with a pull-out couch and chair. There was a sink/mini-fridge/microwave combo in the middle of the room. Comfy bed in the back.
Breakfast was good several hot items, oatmeal, yogurt, fruit, bagels, cereal, juices.Hotel seemed fully booked on Saturday night, so breakfast was packed on Sunday morning. Staff did a good job in keeping the food coming.
We didnt use the pool, but it looked nice, small hot tub next to it as well.
Overall, nice hotel. We would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Corning, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

I make it a point to stay at County Inn's no matter where I travel, if possible. My family love's the breakfast and pool/hot tub. Location was excellent for our Splash Lagoon trip. The room was clean but the wall paper was peeling off the wall and there was ceiling water damage in the bathroom of room #215. One of the pillow cases on the farthest bed from the entrance had what looked to be dried up red juice stains- or something of that sort, in a line across half of the pillow. The kids were mortified and were yelling that it was blood (which I hope and pray it wasn't). We arrived around 11:30am and there was a room ready for us early, which was awesome. Breakfast was okay, the breakfast area was super crowded. My BIG issue was the fact that I look very forward to a hot tub at the end of the day of children's activities, and the "jets" were just very sad streams of water coming out of holes in the tub walls. Some Einstein (I'm assuming maintenance person) used regular paint on the immediate perimeter of the hot tub and it was full of nasty white paint flakes and chunks. It was obviously the wrong type of paint and is causing a bigger problem than what they were trying to cover up. I spent the entire time picking it off of me, my spouse and out of the water. Yes, I still got in, against my better judgment. This is by far the worst County Inn I have stayed at, which makes me sad because I always recommend them to everyone. We will be returning to Splash Lagoon but I may have to find a different hotel to stay at, sadly.

1 Thank FunMom2014
Oil City, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

Great stay! Enjoyed the stay on valentines day. Good staff and very clean atmosphere. Comfortable bed and room. Very cozy, home like feeling. Will surly stay again. Great breakfast as well! Close to restaurants and other fun things. A definite success of a stay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple