Solstice
Baymont Inn & Suites Erie(Erie)(Great Value!)
$92
Great 4.5/5
Wingate by Wyndham Erie(Erie)(Great Value!)
$88
$89
Home2.com
$90
Great 4.5/5
Red Roof Inn Erie(Erie)(Great Value!)
$54
Hotels.com
$103
Travelocity
$149
$93
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
All reviewswafflessplash lagoonsausagebed was comfortableking suitecereal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I'll start with a few positives: the property was conveniently located off the highway, close to many restaurants, the hotel was clean, hot beverages and cookies available anytime in the lobby, rooms accommodated 5-6, breakfast included, & the price was OK.

Now the negatives: check in was at 3, we didn't get our room until 4. Staff seemed to be in disarray. Woman at desk tried to justify why we had to wait till 4 for a room & indicated it was a busy weekend and this happens at all hotels (sorry, this never happened to me prior). I'm not sure that should be my problem. Once we finally got our keys I had asked if there was bedding in the room for the pull out sofa (which was very uncomfortable). She said yes. Stupid me didn't check prior to leaving for dinner and a hockey game so when we got back late and looked for our bedding there was none. I had to go to the desk and get sheets but he indicated there was no blankets available.
Little did I know the blanket issue really wasn't an issue because our room was uncomfortably warm and the a/c was of no help. It would run for about a minute and then shut off. Our room was above the pool area which is open till midnight. The smell of chlorine traveled into our room and so did the noise, and I mean the screaming of kids doing what they do in a pool area (nothing against the kids). The noise finally ended at 12:05 a.m. Breakfast in the morning was decent but the breakfast room was very small to accommodate a sold out night. Many families were making plates and bringing it back to their room because there was no where to sit.
I wouldn't stay here again. If you choose to I would suggest a 3rd floor room. It might be a little quieter.

Room Tip: Request 3rd floor room.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank jamann
Timothy H, General Manager at Solstice, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review. We apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay. I have used this review to discuss with my staff ways to avoid this from happening in the future. We do appreciate your business.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Great place to stay, staff are very friendly and helpful nice fitness room and pool, best breakfast, eggs, ham, cooked steel cut oats and lots more. Good location for restaurants and gas. Lots of things to do. We have stayed twice in early January. Beds are comfy with good pillows.

Room Tip: All the rooms are in a good location, no highway noise.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 24, 2013

Upon arrival we entered the side door and the floor mats were so deteriorated and stained. It also smelled like mold and chlorine. As we entered the hallway to our floor, you could see dust and debris on the hallway carpeting and along the walls. The door was scratched and missing paint on our room and wallpaper was dirty and scratched. When we entered our room, there was popcorn on the floor. The corner glass table was saturated in what appeared to be spilt soda all over the top and dripping down the edge to the carpet. The bathroom toilet paper had not been changed.The wallpaper by the waste basket in the bathroom had a smear on it which appeared to be feces. The constant fan did not work on the heater. Maintenance could not repair it, they said all the rooms need new boards.The beds were hard. We cushioned them with extra blankets from the front desk. The first mornings breakfast was great. The young girl's friendliness and attentiveness to her guests was exceptional.She had sandy brown hair, I did not get her name, but we left her a nice tip to show our appreciation. The second days breakfast experience was not as good. The waffles were sour, either from soap contamination or from old batter. The coffee cups were not refilled and the attendant with blond hair was visibly irritated and mumbling obscenities as she left the breakfast room. As we checked out, the front desk gentlemen never said thank you, smiled, safe travels or even happy holidays. It was Christmas eve...and he was a zombie bored stiff behind the desk. To end this all, I serve people myself for a living. They have an excellent experience in my care. I'm very proud of my attitude and work ethic. I wish this establishment would have done the same for my family on the one vacation we will take this year. I stayed at Country Inn not for price,but I felt it would be comfortable. Next time I stay anywhere, when I walk in the door and the carpet is dirty,and the desk person is unfriendly, I will leave. They can keep my deposit. Nothing costs a family more than time lost and wasted.

• Stayed: December 2013
CarlsonRezidor, Online Support Specialist at Solstice, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2013

We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. To discuss your stay further, please contact the hotel directly, or a Customer Care Representative at 1-800-967-9182.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

This is our 3rd time staying in November at this lovely hotel. The beds are comfy, the pillows not so much, the rooms are clean and the breakfast is more than adequate. It is the little extra things that make it very nice, fresh cookies, fruit in the lobby and coffee all day long. It is a great location for shopping and is easy access to the highways. The hotel has charm, and no it is not new and modern but I kind of like it that way. All staff we dealt with were VERY friendly. I will definitely come back and I did refer a friend to the hotel and she had a pleasant stay as well.

It seems to always be filled with my fellow Canadian shopping women, see you next year!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank KMattice
Reviewed October 21, 2013

This is a typical traveler's/business overnight. We stayed two separate nights in two rooms, going to and coming from our vacation destination. We stayed in a king suite. Both were spacious and clean with the needed amenities: ironing board, microwave, fridge. One had a sink (called a wet bar). The living room/bathroom area was separated from the bedroom by an actual door. This came in handy our second night because the first floor room was across from the pool and we could hear the pump running with the door open. The breakfast is what you'd expect. It's not a luxury hotel, but it's a reasonable room at a reasonable price. Our one complaint: the pillows are those small, square, downy things that squish down to nothing as soon as you lay on them. Two piled together provided adequate support but felt like rocks. Staff was consistently polite and helpful. Cookies, coffee and hot chocolate always available in the lobby.

Room Tip: Try to avoid a room near the pool -- there's some chlorine smell and pump noise.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple