Stayed at this property on a "spur of the moment" trip to Splash Lagoon. Since it was MLK Day weekend, all the hotels attached to the waterpark were sold out. We have never been there before, so I mapped out where Country Inn and Suites was compared to the waterpark and it appeared close, so I booked it and got in the car to drive up.
The hotel is right down the street from Splash Lagoon - if weather had been nicer, we probably could've walked to the waterpark. Parking lot was large and I had no problems finding a spot. Lobby is nicely decorated and check-in was uneventful. We were asked if we wanted first or second floor room - selected second and took the staircase up to our room.
Had a two queen non-smoking. Room was clean and bathroom was find. Flat screen tv on a swivel made it easy to see from either bed or the desk. A mini-fridge and microwave were also present and made it nice since I was traveling by myself with two kids. Front desk called about 15 minutes after we got into the room to ensure that everything was ok - nice touch.
Pool and hottub were just ok. I've already mentioned this on a post-stay survey sent by the property manager and got a reply that they will work to address the suggestions. The lighting was dim and there's not enough seating. Towel quality is sub-par (thin and small) and the motor on the hottub was not sufficient for the size. These are all pretty picky items - but when you're traveling with kids, having a pool area is an important amenity.
Breakfast assortment was good. They also have cookies, fruit, and a coffee station available all day. For the price and location, this place is definitely a no-brainer vs. paying twice as much for a hotel attached to the waterpark.
Have a great trip! If you found this review helpful, please click the "helpful" link!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Solstice features a fitness center. and High-speed wireless Internet access is complimentary. A complimentary breakfast is offered each morning. This family-friendly hotel also offers complimentary newspapers in the lobby, a fireplace in the lobby, and dry cleaning/laundry services. Onsite self parking is complimentary. Solstice is a smoke-free property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Solstice reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn And Suites By Carlson Erie South
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Erie South Hotel Erie
- Country Inn Erie South
- Erie Country Inn
- Country Inn Suite Erie