“Great Value in Erie” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Solstice

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Solstice
Ranked #31 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Toronto, Canada
“Great Value in Erie”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

A great location, right off I79, near all kinds of amenities. Far enough off the road for peace and quiet & have a good nights sleep. Nice pool & spa on the main floor of the hotel, it is usually never too busy, it is clean & well stocked. I've stayed here a few times & it will now become my hotel of choice in Erie. The breakfast offered is not too bad, some hot & cold. A good overall selection, but if the hotel is busy you may be fighting for a table. The rooms I have stayed in are comfortable, clean & well stocked. Curtains are good for keeping the sun out & allowing you to sleep in, if you want.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Brantford, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

My husband and I travel quite a bit and I must say this was the worst room we have ever stayed in. We did decide last minute to stay in Erie while doing some shopping in the states and booked the last room available. As soon as we enetered the room the stench was overwhelming and for the first time in my life at any hotel asked to switch rooms, but nothing was available. The employees working the front desk were extremly friendly, but all they could offer us was industrial air freshner which really only made matters worse. Bedding and towels smelled of stale ciggarettes, so much that we contemplated sleeping in our car. Upon arriving home we actually disinfected our luggage. Not a great end to the wonderful trip we were having.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Kristine S
Timothy H, General Manager at Solstice, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
I do apologize for your experience at the hotel. Unfortunately, at the time of booking, the room reserved was a smoking room. We were sold out that night, so we did not have any non smoking rooms available to move you too. We do review these and use them for training purposes to avoid any future issues.

Travelers are raving about these Erie hotels

ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

We only stayed one night, but our room was clean, staff was friendly, and there were no problems with noise through the walls. I would have only two negative comments, one being breakfast which was jam-packed but I believe the hotel was sold out so that's to be expected, the other the parking - the main parking lot was full when we arrived so had to park in the smaller side lot which wasn't very well lit.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Amherst, New York, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

We had a pleasant one night stay. The front desk staff were helpful and friendly. The room, bath, linens and towels were all clean. The bathroom was spacious. The room was quiet. There were complimentary cookies at the front desk. The bed was comfortable. They had the usual eggs, bacon, sausage and biscuits, cereals, muffins and bagels, waffles, yogurt and juices for the complimentary breakfast but not too much fresh fruit. They have a pool and a work-out room.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor in the middle of the building. It was very quiet.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Burlington, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

We stayed here as I am finding the prices for hotels in Erie to be getting quite high. We found a great rate for the night and decided to stay as I have stayed at the chain in the past. Very friendly and helpful staff that went out of their way to assist. The room was clean and quite spacious. My only complaint would be from the noise, I think the walls were made out of paper as we could hear the people beside us and the people above us.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Pittsburgh
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

We stayed here for a family vacation for 4 nights. I never once heard a vaccuum being used and you sure could tell. The halls were filthy and hot, not sure if there is air in the halls. The elevator had the same dirt in it everyday we were there. The room had sticky/filthy carpet and the refrigerator and the cabinet it was in was filthy. Cobwebs/layer of dust on the desklamp shade and no light bulb in the desk lamp. The water pressure trickled out for a bath and the drain plug didn't stay down. Took 1/2 an hour to run a bath for my son, and as he bathed you had to keep the water running because the plug would let it out. Cobwebs on the light fixture in bath. Beds....OMG, harder than a board! The one queen bed in our room had such a pit in it, my husband and I kept rolling into eachother. The coffee pot in the room looked so old/dirty, I couldn't use it, and the trays that it sat on had an inch of dust on it. Our room was never vaccuumed, in fact, I never saw/heard a cleaning person using a vaccuum there our whole stay. The internet didn't work for a day and a half that we were there either.
The pool..... Scum and dirt stuck all around the sides of the pool and the hot tub jets do not work. Another guest told us that he told them upon his last visit to the hotel that the jets didn't work and they still hadn't fixed it. No use complaining at this hotel, because apparently the general manager does not have high standards. We saw him at the front desk numerous times and never did I see him crack a smile or greet us. One day when he was on duty at the front desk... there were no complimentary cookies baked all day. My husband wanted to get one for my son, but I guess he was too lazy to make any.
Overall, this establishment is just gross. We stayed here in 2009 and 2010 and this year in 2012 and it sure was different. I think it is under new management now, which was a downhill move. I will NEVER stay here again. I will pick one of the newer Marriot hotels in the area or even the Hampton Inn. Very dissapointed that I wasted money here!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

Friendly and efficient staff. Check in/check out were both quick. Rooms were clean and nicely decorated. Rates were comparable to other brands. Swimming pool was nice, but hot tub was not working properly. Complementary breakfast was on the skimpy side. But, there are numerous dining options located within close proximity to this property.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family