“Unique, Great Tasting Breakfast options”
Review of The Summer House Cafe - CLOSED

The Summer House Cafe
Cuisines: Diner, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 7, 2014

My boyfriend and I recently went to the Summer House Cafe for breakfast and it was amazing!! We both like to try different things, so we were glad to see they had some other options, other than just plain old eggs and bacon. We each got one of their breakfast bowls (The Santa Fe breakfast bowl & Summer House breakfast bowl), which were both fantastic!! We can't wait to go back and try their one of their dinner entrees!!!

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Summer House Cafe is a great restaurant owned and operated by a local Erie couple who also have one of the best catering services in town. They are open for breakfast and lunch seven days per week and dinner Friday and Saturday evenings. It is also a BYOB establishment allowing the diner to select their own wine to pair with the delicious food. The menu is inovative with enough selection to satisfy any discriminating diner. Everything is prepared from scratch using fresh ingredients with excellent desserts to finish your meal. In this age of chain restaurants, it is so nice to be able to find and patronize such a great little gem of a restaurant. Georgiana and Ted Erie, Pa.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

We live in Madison, Ohio and have traveled to the south every year for over 40 years, but the Summer House Cafe has the best key lime pie I have ever tasted.
We go to Erie often to eat. Their homemade soup can't be beat. I had the asparagus soup two weeks ago and went back yesterday to see if they had it again. I had the tomato bisque and it was delicious as always. The dinner menu is always great the atmosphere is friendly and the service awesome. If you go to Erie and miss this restaurant, you are missing the best.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

I am a regular at this great restaurant. I have yet to have a bad meal or less than excellent service. I find the menu to be chocked full of culinary delights varied enough to temp anyone's palate. Their steak Oscar is to die for (my usual order) as are the scallops and tortellini. My wife's favorite is the crab cakes. Jack, the owner and chef, often has terrific specials created with a desire to please even the most fussy of tastes. He often come out of the confines of the kitchen to chat with the patrons and measure their level of satisfaction. The staff is always pleasant and very efficient. Our party usually requests Cindy as our server. We also like the fact that this restaurant is a BYOB establishment. For those who don't know that means "Bring Your Own Bottle." We usually take a bottle or two of our favorite wine to share with our table. It can make a meal that would otherwise be quiet expensive into one of reasonable cost. All of this is done in a clean, comfortable, and pleasant facility without a bunch of fancy frills that don't have anything to do with good food. This is one of the places I never hesitate to take a friend or special company to for a nice evening meal. If there is any drawback to the Summer House it would be that it is only open for dinner Thursday through Saturday..

Reviewed February 18, 2014

Everything is fresh and delicious!! I go here for Lunch often I have never been for dinner but it definitely the top of my suggestion list!!!