“superior attention to details”

The Summer House Cafe
Ranked #51 of 411 Restaurants in Erie
Cuisines: Diner, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Erie, Pennsylvania
“superior attention to details”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I've now experienced every meal of the day here. I'd have to say the lunch menu is the best, with breakfast a close second and dinner needing to step its game up. First, the reviewer who left the 'terrible' rating is clearly not on the same planet as everyone else. I have brought several friends here from out of town that now demand we come to Summerhouse every time they visit.

My favorite lunch staple: their Cuban is amazing.

Breakfast: anything

Dinner: well, it's BYOB. Any BYOB joint gains major points for me.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank jayyneri

Erie, Pennsylvania
“Good for lunch even on Sunday!”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Small place, so you have to know when to go to get a seat for breakfast/lunch time. You might be able to make dinner reservations. On the plus side they have healthy food-- some different soups and quiches you won't get other places. BYOB for dinner. Would recommend for casual lunch or dinner.

Visited October 2011
1 Thank goodeats12
Melbourne, Florida
“Fool Me Twice”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

After visiting the Summer House a couple of months ago, we vowed never to return. Well - some friends were in town visiting and wanted to go there. We tried keeping an open mind and met our friends for dinner.

We were unfortunate enough to have Joey as our server (again). Only on this visit he was more interested in bemoaning the fact that it was his birthday and that he did not want to be working that day. The service showed. We received our dinners about half-way through our salads, so we put them off to the side of the table to finish them during the meal. We were distracted in conversation with our friends and - low and behold - he TOOK our salads without even asking if we were done! My Chicken Fettuccine was just "ok". It was hot but very dry.

Don't look for any more reviews on The Summer House Cafe from me.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Dave R
“Great place in a great location”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

My friends and I came there for lunch, one afternoon and we couldn't have been more delighted. Our server was attentive, yet not overbearing. He was always there ever few minutes to check on our progress and we great with his suggestions. I had the best pulled pork sandwich I've had in quite a long time. One of my other friends had a delightful cafe salad. Our plates were empty afterwards. We had great service, great food, and the best baklava ice cream take finish. Thank you!

2 Thank jaqkattak
erie
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“How does this place stay in business?”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

The food here was unbelievably bad. Four of us ate here for lunch and while there were a few good tasting items (italian bread, bacon and corn beef hash) there were several items that were so bad we did not eat them. The server was friendly at first but when she saw that we were not eating much of our meals she did not ask if there was a problem. I don't believe the problem was really something the cook did wrong but rather the recipes used just made for some very disappointing food.

Visited August 2012