“Erie's "Go To" For Greek Food On The Run . . .”
Review of Peninsula Gateway

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Peninsula Gateway
Ranked #209 of 418 Restaurants in Erie
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I was traveling with my wife to Erie PA for her work related conference , and I would spend my days at Presque Isle while she was at the conference. On Peninsula Drive , fairly close to the Presque Isle State Park entrance , I noticed this little Greek establishment that just "called to me". The location is fantastic if you are heading to Presque Isle for the day. Drop in and get a wide array of Greek food - gyros , salads , souvlaki , baklava and other Greek desserts - I stopped there every day , got my food "To Go" , and went down to Presque Isle to enjoy it in the beautiful outdoor environment. Great food and even greater service . . . really nice people running this place. If you prefer to eat at the restaurant they have tables inside (as well as bathrooms) as well as outdoor seating. Great Greek food , excellent service , convenient location , and all at a reasonable price . . . what more can you ask for ?

Reviewed June 1, 2012

This place is great. Small family run place that is consistent with amazing service. Try the Gyro delux w/ lamb.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Like the previous reviewer, we stopped here on impulse before heading into the park and it was a decent lunch. We had the Greek hotdog (basically a chili dog) and a gyro and Greek fries. The fries came with the Greek sauce - that tasted almost like chili - and feta cheese. Different in a good sort of way.

The menu was pretty extensive for a fast food place of this size and next time would like to try one of the offered salads. Service was fast and polite. We would stop here again for a quick bite.

Been to Peninsula Gateway? Share your experiences!