“Good tex-mex!”

Torero's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 429 Restaurants in Erie
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is a former Fazoli's rest. and I wish it still was BUT it is good food and affordable! Not so easy to find off of Peach Street, behind the Famous Dave's.

Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

Went on a Tuesday. Food came out 2 minutes after we ordered(never a good sign if your food comes out that fast). Only reason it came out in 2 minutes because they had to cook the skinniest carne asada I have ever eaten. Don't like to give bad reviews but I usually follow Trip advisor for recommendations and based on this restaurant's ranking, you would think it's one of the best in Erie.

It's not... You will see their microwave spinning in the kitchen warming up their beans and rice which was probably made over the weekend. Everything is pre-made and warmed up in the microwave. Even the margarita my wife ordered was premade because the drink was just as fast. After buying a couple of drinks and eating 30% of my food, I went to Qdoba for a little more freshness

Reviewed May 20, 2014

I was promptly seated and served, but the food was nothing special and surprisingly bland. While not the worst Mexican food I've ever eaten, it was far from the best.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

What a great find to have lunch at a unique spot vs. a franchise on our trip along the toll road. The service was attentive and the food arrived very quickly -- everything was hot and well prepared. Very authentic and yummy. Highly recommended.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Stopped in with kids... All had a great meal! Nachos and tacos were very good.awesome Margaritas!! Service was quick.. Food came out quick and it was plentiful! Our kids are picky and they loved it, so big thumbs up for this restaurant!

Been to Torero's Mexican Restaurant? Share your experiences!