“Huge portions”

Torero's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 414 Restaurants in Erie
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed September 5, 2012

If you leave here feeling hungry there is something wrong with you. I can put food away when I need to and I still cant finish the carne asada burritos in one sitting. Great leftovers. Maragartitas are above average. Service is prompt.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

In town for one night. I tell my wife lets use Trip Advisor to find a nice place that is close by so we selected Torero's. All the special drink adverts at the door was the first clue. The big blaring sign kids eat free was another. Service was fast but indifferent. The margarita was ok. The free chips and salsa were ok-after all,we had driven 10 hours and were starved. We had the special and it came out quickly. It was on a big circular platter and the food looked like it had just been plopped out of the blender. Not sure what is was but we ate it and we survived. If you are looking a fast, noisy place serving I'm not sure what it is,then this is the place for you. If you are looking for a nice, calm relaxing environment, look elsewhere. You would be better off going down the road less than a mile to the Wegman's supermarket

1  Thank miltonman196
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Food came out quickly, great food the servings are big and worth the money!
Service and staff were fantastic!
Put a smile on our faces!
BIG THANKS!!
11/10 Must visit!

2  Thank SriGo_9
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We read other reviews on this restaurant and decided to give it a try. We were not disappointed! The portions were large, service was good, and as vegetarians we were able to choose from a variety of options (don't worry, there were lots of meat options too!) My only complaint is one of the other servers made fun of me for miss-pronouncing a item on the menu. He did it in Spanish, but we weren't stupid and knew what he was talking about.

1  Thank lwu22qq
Reviewed July 26, 2012

My wife and I were in the mood for something Mexican so we had chosen in advance this restaurant. Glad we did. Nice restaurant, very family friendly, saw lots of kids there, plenty to choose from on the menu. All the staff looked Mexican which was a nice touch. They start you off with chips and salsa which was fantastic and you can have as much as you like. Cant beat that! The only complaint we had was the food was not overly hot. I mean hot enough to eat but not steaming in your face. I had the Fajitas sampler which was huge and very tasty but it had that already prepared in advance feel to it. Usually when you order fajitas it comes sizzling to your table but since it was a sampler of all three meats it seemed to be prepared before and put together. But we left stuffed and satisfied.