Firebirds Wood Fired Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 418 Restaurants in Erie
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Firebirds Wood Fired Grill is located at the Millcreek Mall Complex. We offer authentic wood-fired steaks, seafood, specialty cocktails and select wines. Join us for Happy Hour Monday thru Friday from 4-6:30PM at the FIREBAR(R) or on the patio. We offer top-notch service and upscale dining at a modest price. Visit us online to learn more.
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We visited Firebirds earlier this year and were so impressed with their food that we just had to have dinner here again when we were in town. We love the look of the restaurant and the smell of the wood grill is just wonderful.
My husband had to have the prime rib dinner again since he just loved it the first time and it was just as good this time with the loaded baked potato. I had the kobe meatloaf with mashed potatoes and candied pecan green beans. I think it was the best meatloaf I've ever had including unfortunately the ones I've made!
We were far too full to fit in a dessert but I'm sure they must be good too!

1  Thank jotrips

Reviewed October 15, 2013

I would deem this to be an adult-romantic restaurant. It has subdued lighting, and was not overly loud considering the number of tables. The food cooked to your liking, good portions, very tasty. Overpriced hamburger and fries (for the those inclined). Good value for the money. Would eat here again.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Obviously this place is still packing in the people because we arrived at 6:00pm on a Friday and were told that it would be a 1-1.5 hour wait for a table. Great thing is that they text you when your table is ready so we were able to go to another bar nearby and have drinks while we waited (there were no seats at Firebirds bar).

We started with the spinach, lobster queso dip and it was amazing although I thought the $11.95 price point was a little high for chips, cheese and a little bit of lobster. Along with this my friend had the Double Black Diamond martini and it was awesome!

For our entree we both ordered the NY Strip. At $28.99 for a 14 oz. portion you would think that it would come with a salad and a side right? Not so fast, if you want a salad you have to buck up another $4.95. I opted for the BLT salad and it was awesome but, come on, who doesn't include a salad with the entree? Our steaks were delicious and perfectly cooked and I enjoyed the Southwest Au Gratin Potatoes with mine and my friend loved the Port Mushrooms with his.

All in all, as the title of my review suggests, the food was really good but I don't think I can justify spending $100+ for two people very often. If I were traveling it might be different but, come on, this is Erie, PA...trim the prices or give a little better value!

5  Thank Boitanotke
Firebirdsgrill, Guest Relations Manager at Firebirds Wood Fired Grill, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Dear Boitanotke,

Thank you for the valuable feedback regarding your recent visit to our Erie location. It's great to hear that you enjoyed our food and drinks but I apologize that you felt that our menu prices weren't on point. Because your feedback is important to us, I would love to have a member of our management team reach out to you. Would you kindly email me with your contact information at bhall@fbgrill.com?

Becky

Reviewed October 8, 2013

It's a little pricey, but if you want a nice play to go and relax and have a nice meal, this is the place in Erie, PA to go. The service was very good and the food was excellent. The atmosphere is dark and cozy. You can get burgers, salads, or full entree steak dinners, etc.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

My boyfriend and I were in Erie from Pittsburgh for the day for his birthday and I read some good reviews and decided to eat here. We arrived around 8pm and waited approximately 45 minutes to be sat. The atmosphere here is really nice and cozy. The bar area looked really cool and modern. We ordered the prime rib and the salmon. The meals do not come with a salad, you have to add one for 5 dollars and once you are already spending 25+ on your meal, you really don't feel like spending more just to get a salad with it. The food was average and I expected much, much more for the price. After tipping, we spent 60+ dollars, had no leftovers as the portions were not that big and didn't even have a great tasting meal that we had expected.

3  Thank BurghGurl
Firebirdsgrill, Guest Relations Manager at Firebirds Wood Fired Grill, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Dear BurghGurl,

Thank you for celebrating your boyfriends birthday with us in Erie, PA. I was glad to hear that you enjoyed our atmosphere but was disappointed that we did not meet your expectations overall. I would love to have a member of our management team reach out to you. Would you please email me at bhall@fbgrill.com?

Becky

Been to Firebirds Wood Fired Grill? Share your experiences!