“A little pricey, but delish!”

Firebirds Wood Fired Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 429 Restaurants in Erie
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Firebirds Wood Fired Grill is located at the Millcreek Mall Complex. We offer authentic wood-fired steaks, seafood, specialty cocktails and select wines. Join us for Happy Hour Monday thru Friday from 4-6:30PM at the FIREBAR(R) or on the patio. We offer top-notch service and upscale dining at a modest price. Visit us online to learn more.
Reviewed April 18, 2013

What a great addition to the Millcreek Mall complex! The food is wonderful, the beverages great and portions of each generous. Servers are pleasant and attentive; although some of the attire worn by servers and hostesses are very inappropriate for the type of restaurant this is (skirts that are much too short, bare legs, sheer tops). Able to see the kitchen and the grill from your seat, smells wonderful!

3  Thank Sherry M

Reviewed April 10, 2013

This restaurant has a convenient yet not overly impressive location--connected to a mall, in Erie. Still, if you are there this is a great place to go. They have an awesome to the ceiling bar and an inside floor to ceiling brick wall that houses an impressive collection of wines. The wine list is naturally expansive, but actually reasonable in terms of prices.
I ate here twice when I was in town for a three day conference. One night I had a salmon special that was done to "rare" perfection. The next night I was "bad" and had a steak. I asked for medium + two minutes. The waiter knew exactly what I meant and the steak was done just to my liking. The portions are most ample; the quality of the food excellent; and there are some really special sides. This is basically a surf and turf place, but both are done really well.
The restaurant is large; clean; and with enough atmosphere for either a date night or a business gathering.
One last point: both night I ordered martinis. One night the bartender nailed it. The other night, it was not done so well. However, the waiter understood and promptly made it right.
Definitely try this place!

Reviewed April 9, 2013

My husband and I own a restaurant in NY and were looking for a place to celebrate our anniversary. We didn't want a chain style restaurant. We chose Firebirds (not knowing it was literally in the mall). To our surprise, upon entering the smells were amazing. The atmosphere so stunning and "big" city like! The service was exceptional! Then the food came and after all the previous surprises we anticipated great food, and it was! I will come back there every time I am in town.

2  Thank KristinaBale
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We were recommended to this place by the person at our hotel for the best steak in Erie. We were blown away by the decor. The bar is a unique display of art. They have an entire 12 foot wall of wine bottles. In the bar you can sit on comfortable couches. They staff is all extremely well trained and nice. The food was amazing. Everything we had from start to finish was great. You have to try the crabcakes. The slaw the are served on was to die for. The deserts are insanely good. Try the salted caramel glaze on the deserts. You also must try their signature double black diamond martini. They are way better than a Stoli Doli at capital grill because the crush the pineapple and then strain the pineapple out of it. They are served in chilled glasses and the waitresses bring them to the table while shaking the martini shaker over their head. It adds to the unique experience. We live about 2 hours away and will be making the drive just to go eat here again. I wish they would expand to Pittsburgh.

1  Thank Greg F
Firebirdsgrill, Guest Relations Manager at Firebirds Wood Fired Grill, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Greg, Thank you so much for your kind words and the 5 star review! It makes us happy to hear that you enjoyed everything about Firebirds and are willing to drive 2 hours just to dine with us again. FYI, we are opening new restaurants each year so you never know, we may end up in Pittsburgh sooner than you think! Looking forward to serving you again soon.

Becky

Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Perfect for a quick bite with friends! Happy hour is a deal! We each had a couple of drinks and shared a few appetizers and left with a bill that was under $20. Really? Half priced appetizers. In this day and age it is hard to do that, especially in a great atmosphere. Food is really good. Can be pricey for dinner, so happy hour menu was a great surprise!

Firebirdsgrill, Guest Relations Manager at Firebirds Wood Fired Grill, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Lisa, Thank you for taking the time to write a review about Fireirds on Trip Advisor. I am so glad that you enjoyed our Happy Hour, atmosphere and food. Hope to see you again sometime soon.

Becky