“Lovely ambiance, good food, great service - an unexpected and nice find in a mall”

Firebirds Wood Fired Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 431 Restaurants in Erie
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Firebirds Wood Fired Grill is located at the Millcreek Mall Complex. We offer authentic wood-fired steaks, seafood, specialty cocktails and select wines. Join us for Happy Hour Monday thru Friday from 4-6:30PM at the FIREBAR(R) or on the patio. We offer top-notch service and upscale dining at a modest price. Visit us online to learn more.
Reviewed September 18, 2012

My daughter and I were in Erie for a 2 day Mom and Daughter shopping trip and we had been complaining that every menu we encountered was loaded with deep-fried appetizers (and the SAME deep fried appetizers no matter the name of the restaurant). We've always stopped at the Millcreek Mall as well as the Grove City outlet mall, and we've never much enjoyed our lunch on our mall day.

Firebirds Grill looked very interesting from the outside and even better on the inside. I understand the designer was aiming for an upscale Colorade ski lodge feel. It certainly had one of the most gorgeous bars I have ever seen (and I'm a traveller) and overall a very nice warmth. Very relaxing and inviting to sit and linger over a glass of wine and good food.

The food was indeed good. Portions were very adequate without being insanely large. We didn't order anything complicated, just a salad for my daughter and beef dip sandwich for me. But both were excellent, as was the glass of "Firebirds" white wine I enjoyed, and I hope this restaurant will do very well and be successful so that we can enjoy it again on our future shopping trips to Pennsylvania.

Our server indicated she had been with the restaurant since it opened (about a year and a half ago I believed) and she gave exceptional service.

Thought the price was entirely in keeping with the quality of food and the ambiance.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

While on a short get-away, we were just shopping at the Millcreek Mall in Erie, PA when we decided to get something to eat. Neither of us really wanted anything at the food court, so we decided to check out the Firebirds Wood Fired Grill. Although we felt slightly under-dressed, we really enjoyed the ambiance of the place. The wine rack built into the wall was neat and the bar was awesome. Both our meals were delicious and well worth the money. Although I did get a side-salad that was just OK...only because it just wasn't my taste. I had a steak and my husband had a burger. Both were delicious! I would recommend this restaurant for anyone....it's a great place to go for a weekday lunch as well as a special date. We'll definitely be going back!

1  Thank JandN93
Reviewed September 17, 2012

It's hard to write a review on this place - as I had no take-aways other than its very average. Nothing bad but nothing great. A decent steak for an acceptable price. The atmosphere is warm and relaxing, with the smell of a wood burning fireplace throughout. The bar is unique. I think the prices might be inflated by the the location.

2  Thank Bruce R
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Besides the atmosphere, we have never been disappointed and we eat there occasionally. Always get great service also. Love the outdoor dining area for the warmer months. Great bar. Mall location is convenient.

1  Thank goodeats12
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We ditched the kids and enjoyed a wonderful meal. Nice decor and great food. Our server was wonderful. The meatloaf and gravy was awesome as was the tenderloin kabob and the lobster queso. Very impressive for a chain.

1  Thank InTheMuskokas

Been to Firebirds Wood Fired Grill? Share your experiences!