“Consistently good each time I have gone”
Review of O'Charley's

O'Charley's
Ranked #23 of 407 Restaurants in Erie
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions
Eastlake, Ohio
“Consistently good each time I have gone”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I find it very interesting to see such varied reviews for the Erie O’Charley’s. I have been to this location at least 5 times in the past 3 years and every time I have had great food, excellent service and an overall outstanding dining experience.

Located right off of Interstate 79 near Erie’s Millcreek Mall, O’Charley’s is your standard casual dining restaurant. If I fell asleep in an Applebee’s and woke up here, I probably would never be able to tell the difference in decor. The menu here is the big standout, at least for a picky person like me. There’s not a lot of healthy options here, so if that’s what you are looking for, I’d suggest dining elsewhere. If steaks, fried goodies and some of the most delicious dinner bread rolls around sound good, then O’Charley’s will be right up your alley.

My food experience at O’Charley’s is limited to the fried fish and chips dinner and the Chicken O’Tenders. Both are fantastic and as far as I’m concerned, O’Charley’s chicken tenders are the best in the casual restaurant business. They are dipped in buttermilk and have a wonderfully crisp yet not jaw-breaking coating that is seasoned just right. The fries are nothing exciting, but they do offer a unique fried spiral potato chip sort of side dish which is very good. And as I mentioned earlier, the dinner rolls are phenomenal. Hot, soft and slightly sweet, they are very addictive and many are usually downed before the main entrees even arrive!

Honestly, the place is clean, the staff has been very friendly and attentive, and the food has always been hot and delicious. I should mention that my visits have all been between 11:00 and 11:30 am when they first open, but that shouldn’t make that much of a difference. O’Charley’s of Erie gets my highest recommendation and I know I’ll be returning on my next trip to Waldameer Park!

• Visited May 2013

“Just ok”
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

The food was ok. Nothing special. Our waitress was slow and tended to forget what we asked for quite often. Had to have someone else get what we needed. When she made a mistake ahe made no attempt to fixit or apologize.

• Visited June 2013
3 Thank ju1i3
Hamlin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“awful”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Bad service, bad pricing, mediocre food, after we finished eating it took the waitress almost 20 minutes to get over to us and take our check. Dan tried to take it up front but was told no. Took time for them to get our drinks and food. They were pretty friendly, but that is about as good as I can give them.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Ruth C
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
“great new find”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

This restaurant has a large selection of excellent menu choices, great value and the food was very tasty. We usually dine at applebees when travelling but this place is equal in price and every bit as good in taste . We will definitely search out this franchise again when travelling. Apparently they are based in Nashville and have a over a hundred restaurants.

Visited March 2013
New Cumberland, Pennsylvania
“Nice dinner to end a day of traveling”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Love their bread. The steak of good -- not top of the line, but that's not what I paid for. This is a good place to eat whether by yourself or with others.

Visited April 2012

Been to O'Charley's? Share your experiences!