“HHonors Free Stay in Erie, PA”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Erie
Ranked #15 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Homewood Suites Hagerstown, MD, United States
“HHonors Free Stay in Erie, PA”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

It was my wife and I's 28th anniversary and instead of traveling out of town to get away we decided to use our HHonors Points to get away by staying at the Homewood Suites in Erie. We stayed 2 wonderful nights at the Hotel which was so relaxing and we had the Mall, the Movie Theater and every place you could think of to eat surrounding us within a 1 mile radius. The breakfast each morning was great and the staff could not have been more accommodating. The Erie Homewood Suites is a wonderful place to stay and my wife and I were able to get away from it all for two days and it was paid for with my HHonors Bonus Points. Thanks Homewood Suites and thanks HHonors!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

VICKI M, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Erie, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful comments regarding the Homewood Suites Erie. It sounds like you had a great time. I am glad we could be part of your 28th anniversary celebration. We wish you many more years of love and happiness. I hope that you will stay with us again on your next special occasion. We will also be sharing these comments with our staff at our daily huddle. It is always nice to share the wonderful comments we get. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Bowling Green, United States
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Clean rooms and bathroom. Great location by the mall and I-79. It was New Year's eve and they only had one check in person working and they were booked full Children running around the halls at 6:00 AM and slamming doors. Not enough food for breakfast and the morning staff was unpleasant.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

VICKI M, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Erie, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent experience. The holidays can certainly create more challenges than the normal. We certainly should always be prepared and at times, the volume exceeds are expectations. Each holiday that passes, we get more ideas to better plan for the next. I do apologize and hope that you will give us another try in the future. If you get an opportunity, can you please reach out to me regarding your mention of the staff as I would like to research this further. My email is Vicki.Murray@Hilton.com. I am looking forward to hearing from you.
Edgewood, Maryland
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Booked through Priceline, so I understand that "you get what you get". We were given a smoking room. It absolutely reeked of cigarettes. When I explained to the desk that I have asthma, they apologized and said there were not any non-smoking rooms available. We dealt with it until we pulled out the sofabed for our kids, and found a urine stain on it and a matching urine stain on the mattress cover. My wife went to the front desk and we were given another smoking room that smelled terrible and she was told there would not be any non-smoking rooms available for the remainder of our stay. The next morning we received a checkout notice for another guest, so I went to front desk to make sure they knew we had moved. Unfortunately, they were not notified of the room change or the request for an ionization (?) treatment. When I asked about it, I was offered a non-smoking room, which made the trip bearable.

On the plus side, the staff was very nice, breakfast was good. location and the rest of the hotel was nice.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Chris H
Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent experience. It is very difficult when a smoking room is booked and the hotel is full, to make accommodations as that would be putting someone else who has a confirmed nonsmoking room into smoking. I would highly recommend booking with the hotel directly to make sure you receive the room that you want. I am truly sorry that we could not make acceptable accommodations during that first evening. We have been training our front desk staff to book another hotel for the guest if absolutely necessary. On a positive note, I am glad we were able to put you into another room for the following night. We hope this will not hinder you from staying with us again.
Baltimore, United States
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Enjoyed our second stay. Hotel was decorated beautifully for the holidays. Breakfasts were good, very accommodating staff, comfortable bed/furniture, love the pet friendly policy. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for sharing your wonderful comments about your recent stay. We are glad we met your expectations and we hope to see you soon.
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was recommended to us by friends from home. We had a bit of trouble finding it but once we did we were delighted ! The lady registering us was pleasant. The room was more spacious than we anticipated. Having a nice big kitchen was a pleasant surprise. The bathroom was very clean however the ceiling fan was extremely loud. The sliding doors in the ensuite were sticking and we mentioned It at the front desk. When we returned from shopping it was sort of fixed but still an issue. I find that beds other than your own rarely measure up and once again I am proved right. Mattress and pillows too soft.
Breakfast is from 6-9 We got there about 830 and the eggs were gone and it took a while to get them replaced. There weren't any china plates only plastic and plastic cutlery. I finished off the remainder of the scrambled eggs and they were pleasantly good. I'm not sure what people ate who came after us.
Dinner was spaghetti and meatballs and we got there at 5:30 with dinner being served from 5 to 730. It's the first time I've been in a hotel where dinner was served as well complementary. It would have been perfect if there was grated cheese available and possibly water although they did serve white and red wine. Bravo and thank you !!
We will definitely come back to this hotel again

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Uptonightdan
Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay. We take each and every comment seriously and try to improve in all areas within our control. We are glad that you were satisfied and we hope that you will return during your next travels to Erie, PA.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I give this hotel very high reviews. Room changing was very accomodating to different times and my asking for service when I had originally declined with the privacy tag on the door. Excellent linens (down comforters) which I thought was a very nice touch. GREAT pillows I have to say and a lot of them which was VERY nice. No problems sleeping b/c of it. Bed wasn't a Westin or Heavenly bed, but very very good. I was very pleased with the kitchen, fully stocked with plates, dishes, dishwasher. Super cool experience. Not sure why I haven't been "hoteling" like this all along. Front desk, particurly fantastic at this Erie PA hotel - tall dark gentleman was particularly fantastic on the phone - not many words, and perfect details. Very very pleased overall.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for sharing your positive comments about your recent stay. We strive on customer service and I am extremely pleased that we delivered during your stay and met your expectations. We hope to see you back soon.
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Excellent for family trio. We had a very nice room and delicious breakfast. Very nice staff. I asked for a roll away bed, they gave it right away. We will come back. I will recommend this to my friends.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay. It is great to see the positive as it motivates the staff and keeps the team driven. We also take the negative feedback as well and use it as a tool to grow. I hope we will see you again soon.