“One word: terrible!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Erie
Ranked #14 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

Last night, my family and I stayed at this hotel. My husband prefers Hyatt, but I won the debate and we went with Hilton, which is generally my preference. After a ridiculous wait at the front desk, the slovenly attendant finally showed up. After dealing with her surly attitude about being pulled away from the television, we got our room key. Our room was mediocre at best, which is not what we usually encounter at Homewood Suites. It wasn't very clean and the ac did not work. After a sleepless night on a lumpy bed, we went down to an awful breakfast. This plae was the worst example of any Hilton hotel I have ever stayed at. Next time I will go with my husband's Hyatt choice and cross my fingers.

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank Hope10012005
VICKI M, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Erie, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. This is certainly not the service we are known for nor that we will tolerate. Our guests come first and should always be treated that way. Could you please call me at your convenience to discuss further? Our number is 814.866.8292. I would like to get some additional details from you. Again, my apologies and I really hope you will give us another opportunity.

There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Erie

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Had another great shopping trip in Erie. Great to know we have dinner and breakfast included in our hotel fee. Leaves more money for shopping. Staff are always welcoming and eager to help in any wish you might have. Have been staying here for many years and hope to have many more fun times here.

1  Thank Gwen M

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about the Homewood Suites Erie. The dinner and breakfast are certainly great amenities that set us apart from the rest. We provide the full dinner each evening (M-TH) including beer and wine with a rotating calendar to provide a variety to our guests. We also rotate the breakfast items as well. It certainly is a cost savings when feeding a family, group and even an individual. Again, thank you for your feedback and hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

This is the first time for my wife and me to stay at a Homewood and I loved it. Full fridge, separate bedroom and living area and extremely clean. Full breakfast and very close to incredible shopping. I would have to say that I highly recommend this place.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank therockof89

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about the Homewood Suites Erie. I am glad you and your wife enjoyed your day. I hope that you will return soon. We appreciate your business

Reviewed November 15, 2013

Room was nice, amentities were nice, free breakfast was great and staff was great! We had plenty of space to get together and hang out. The kitchen was a great advantage, however a little outdated. A little pricey for a business trip, but since it was a girls shopping trip it was perfect.

1  Thank Terri H

Thank you for the positive comments regarding our hotel and staff. It was a pleasure having you as our guest. Hopefully the next time you are in town to do some more shopping or to just visit our beautiful town, we will be your hotel of choice again.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

For the past 7 years we have been staying at the Sheraton Bayfront but decided this year we would try something closer to the action. We ended up at Homewood Suites. I can honestly say we will never stay anywhere else. The rooms are clean and well maintained, the breakfast is incredible and the staff are very friendly and helpful.

1  Thank Stephanie D

Thank you so much for your positive words about our hotel. I am glad that you gave us a chance and we have now gained your loyalty. I hope that we will make each of your future stays just as memorable

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Easy access from Interstate. Clean, comfortable rooms. Complimentary meals that were hot and fresh. Helpful staff. Shopping, restaurants and businesses are close by. Have been staying here for at least 10 years!

1  Thank Toni L

Thank you so much for your positive words about our hotel. I am glad that we have gained your loyalty and we hope to see you for another 11years. Thank you for making the Homewood Suites your choice in Erie.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

This was a nice Homewood suites. It is located next to a mall and other shops and restaurants. We enjoyed the hot tub and pool area. Very nice, clean and large. The dinner was nice. Chicken breasts had good flavor wise but a little over cooked and dry. There were no knives available to cut the chicken with. Mashed potatoes and gravy were good. Breakfast was also very good. Eggs were better than the usual hotel eggs. The room was a studio which was different than what we typically get at a Homewood. It was fairly clean except for a large light purple colored stain on one of the pillow cases. The shower drain was slow and looking down into it you could see some hair. Other that these minor things, we enjoyed staying here and will consider staying again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank dnrdavies

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We depend greatly on guest feedback so that we can better understand what our guest want and need. All of the comments you shared will help us identify areas that may warrant attention as well as areas where we are doing well. Again, thank you and I hope to see you back soon.