“Nice hotel but a bit pricey”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Erie
Ranked #14 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I stay at Homewood Suites often when I travel. Love the "home feeling" with the breakfast and managers reception. This Homewood was no exception. Clean facilities and nice staff. Only two issues. The beer tap was not functioning during the manager's reception and staff were unable to fix it. That was a bit of a downer for some folks. The second was the second night rate (Fri). $199 for the night. I have stayed in Homewood's in high season in several major cities (San Fran, San Antonio, New York, Seattle, Boston, Montreal, Toronto, etc) and never paid that much. At that rate I would likely look at another option. If you are staying in Erie consider one of the motels near Presque Isle. Very nice park and several small motels are a walk to it.

There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Erie

Reviewed August 29, 2013

I stayed here for business recently and I was pleasantly surprised. The room was very nice and clean. Every room is a suite but you can get a small one for a reasonable price. Especially if you have a corporate rate. This hotel is right next to a huge shopping area and mall. There are also plenty of restaurants around. They give you free hot breakfast in the morning and free hot dinner in the late afternoon at no extra charge. The service at the front desk was excellent. The only negative experience I had was that the air conditioning unit was very load near the second floor room where I stayed. I would definitely go back if I am in the area again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Not upscale at all. Ugly carpet throughout. Salt and pepper shakers were not available at the breakfast and it ruined my eggs using the packets provided. I've stayed at better Hampton Inns. The room was fine but there was a cycling noise all the time. Pool was nice and well equipped for disabilities (shallow but nice).

Reviewed August 25, 2013

My husband & I stayed here on a trip to Splash Lagoon. Hotel staff is friendly, room was clean & comfortable. we really enjoyed the breakfast, and husband really enjoyed the evening reception choices. The staff during both times were friendly & helpful. we will be back again!

Reviewed August 23, 2013

This hotel has a great staff. They made us feel welcome even with our big family. They were able to accommodate us with our six children. It was a great time. The room was clean and the breakfast was pretty good too. We will be using this hotel for our future visits to see our family. While it may seem a little pricey, it is definitely worth it, and with all the amenities and space given, it is definitely without a question worth it. And, on top of all that, my kids were pretty excited that it was right next door to the mall and the air soft arena. Great times!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Nice hotel, close to the mall and new Manager trying to fix what was broken in the past. Staff truly seems to care, but suites need a facelift. Zack the Manager was quick to help with any problem, also Crystal in housekeeping does a great job with the cleaning of the room. Would recommend not the best hotel I have ever stayed at, but not the worse either. worth the money, just needs an update.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We selected this hotel because we were visiting Presque Isle State Park. This hotel is great. All the amenities that you need, location is fantastic. I little drive to the park but surrounded by tons of shopping and restaurants. Breakfast was delicious and staff was friendly and professional. Will definitely be back!