“Nice hotel, a bit over priced for the city”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Erie
Ranked #15 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Gibsonia, United States
“Nice hotel, a bit over priced for the city”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

This was just off the interstate and close to where we needed to be. The bathroom sink was badly cracked, the glasses in the bathroom were the size only a child could appreciate, the phone was labeled with the wrong room number which could be a problem in an emergency. The message light blinked all the time and there was no message to retrieve. For the price, we paid $250+ for one night I expected more as this is a top end price in Erie, PA. Regardless it was very clean with a great staff. I would return especially if I could find a discount rate.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Our recent trip to Erie, Pa to visit relatives on 7/30/13, was made even better because of the excellent stay we had at the Homewood suites Erie Pa. The room was very comfortable and clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We enjoyed the breakfast, the pool, and the fitness center. We will definitely stay again. Our GPS had us arriving about a half mille away, but we could see the hotel at the back of the mall.

Room Tip: Although it is located next to Interstate 79, we hardly noticed any road noise. we usually travel wi...
Franklin, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

My family of 4 adults and 3 children, ages 5-13 enjoyed a weekend at the Homewood Suites in Erie during August of 2013. The first night my daughter, grandchild and I had to sleep 3 to a Queen bed because the roll away cot was very uncomfortable. I complained to the manager Zach the next morning and he cheerfully offered our first night free and provided us with a much better mattress that day. I slept well on the replacement mattress. We enjoyed the complimentary meals and the suite, which allowed togetherness and privacy when we wanted it. I would recommend this hotel. Close to Millcreek Mall and many restaurants, also to I 79 and easy to get to Presque Isle and downtown.

Lorton, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

The staff are friendly and suite space is decent. Appliances are in good working condition and suite is clean. It's close to Splash Lagoon, mall, restaurants and I-79. Pleasantly surprised with their complimentary breakfast. I though we'd be getting doughnuts and bagels so I was pretty pleased to get bacon, sausages, egg, waffles, variety of pastries and juices.

Thank Joana Gracie Su... S
Zach B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Erie, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you so much for your fantastic feedback about your stay at our hotel. We appreciate you for sharing your experience as it helps our business reputation grow and gives us ideas to build on. Next time you will have to take advantage of our Evening reception taken place monday through thursday. If you enjoyed our breakfast we know that the reception will take your expectations to the next level.

As always, we take pride in providing Excellent Customer Service and our 100% Hampton Guarantee. We appreciate you for choosing to stay with us and we hope you give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.
Industry
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

Beautiful hotel, with a beautiful suite - well equipped with all we needed. Bathroom, kitchen, everything was great. Good full breakfast. Pleasant and helpful staff. Definitely would stay again. It was close to shops, restaurants and only 7-8 minutes from Presqile State Park and close to the casino also. East access right off 79 - can't miss it. Clean area.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you so much for your fantastic feedback about your stay at our hotel. We appreciate you for sharing your experience as it helps our business reputation grow and as always, we take pride in providing Excellent Customer Service and our 100% Suite Assurance Guarantee. We appreciate you for choosing to stay with us and we hope you give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.
Racine, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

Hotel was very clean, offered free dinner and breakfast which was nice. The pull out sofa bed was a little uncomfortable, could have used a new mattress or thicker mattress. Overall perfect spot for what we were looking for!

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you so much for your fantastic feedback about your stay at our hotel. We appreciate you for sharing your experience as it helps our business reputation grow and gives us ideas to build on. Because of your comment about the sleeper sofa we are putting a plan in place to replace some of those mattresses.

Thank you and as always, we take pride in providing Excellent Customer Service and our 100% Hampton Guarantee. We appreciate you for choosing to stay with us and we hope you give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.
Zionsville, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

As I am a Hilton Honors memeber mainly staying at Hilton, Hilton Garden and Hampton Hotels, this was my first experience staying at a Homewood Suites facility. Because I had a pet traveling with me, my choices were very limited and Homewood Suites accepted pets. To say I was blown away by this Erie, PA facility is an understatement. Right from the wlecoming from the fornt desk to my departure, my experience was very positive. The Managers Reception was great. A different theme when the reception is held and the variety and options was perfect for my wife and myself. The suite was very roomy, clean, comfortable and contained everything. Felt guilty only staying one night. To top it off, the mornign breakfast equaled the previous nights reception. A good variety of breakfast items. Having a dog, I felt safe as I went for an evening walk. To top it off, there was a car show in a near by shopping area. Overall, a great experience and would highly recommend for those in the Erie, PA area. Did I mention the Millcreek area had just about every retail shop for those who like to shop.

1 Thank Wally B