“Great Service, Easy to find location”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Erie
Ranked #14 of 38 Hotels in Erie
“Great Service, Easy to find location”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I stayed at the Homewood Suites by Hilton in Erie for the past two nights. The Hotel is extremely easy to get to off of I-79, right next to the mall. I was very happy with the staff, their courtesy and professionalism is to be commended. The room was an average suite, nice kitchen, decent living room, comfortable bed and nice bathroom. The room is a few years older, but is well maintained. Breakfast was tasty, dinner was a very nice surprise. Best of all was the free beer with dinner. Very nice touch. I would recommend this to any business traveler, or family, as these rooms are very spacious and an affordable price point. My only caution is if you are not a smoker, don't accept a smoking room. I did, and it felt like I woke up have licked an ashtray in the morning. My guess is the occupant before me was a very heavy smoker, and it just didn't air out enough yet. I tried to switch rooms, but they were booked solid. A lesson learned!

Room Tip: 426 is smokey!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Michael H
ErieHomewood, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Erie, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
we are so happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We (my wife and I) have stayed in the area on several occasions as we have had family in school there. Our son in law graduated from Edinboro so we spent the weekend at the Homewood Suites. We have stayed in the Homewood Suites at other locations and had great experiences.

We were promptly greeted at the front desk (after tapping the bell on the checkin desk), signed the appropriate forms and were off to our room. As we walked down the hall, I grabbed a paper, something I really appreciate hotels passing out to their guests! We got to the elevator area and looked down to see the dirtiest, grimiest, filthy carpet . I was shocked. As we got to our room on the third floor it was obvious someone had smoked in our nonsmoking room but it was late and we decided not to go back downstairs.

The room as nice though more like a studio apartment than what the manager describes in one of his responses to another guest.

It was nicely appointed with everything one would want in a hotel room. Once again though we were disappointed with the housekeeping. The carpet in the bedroom area had two large red stains. I do hope it was koolade or something like that and not blood! *L*...The bathroom floor had a greasy stain that the housekeeper had missed as well.

We slept well, had a nice breakfast, and were off to enjoy our son in law's graduation. When we returned the room had been cleaned...except the red stains remained as did the greasy smear in the bathroom.

Didn't get to spend any time by the pool but it did look like a nice area.

I'm sure keeping a place like this clean is not an easy task, but I really expect more from the Hiltion Homewood Suites!

Room Tip: I didn't do very well with this...had a wall right outside my window...room 321. Pick another r...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
mississauga
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Had a great sleep and was treated well by all staff..will stay here again next time we are in town..very close to all shopping!!!!Staff was very accomodating in helping us find certain business and even printed out directions for us...Slept in and barely made breakfast but what we had was good...hope to try the managers reception next time

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

ErieHomewood, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Erie, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
With tax free shopping in PA- our location is great! Hope to see you back during the week so that you can enjoy the Manager's reception.
Greensburg, United States
Reviewed May 6, 2013

This was the first time I stayed at a Homewood Suites by Hilton. I was extremely satisfied with my stay, the room was very comfortable. I travel on business frequently and will look for a Homewood Suites in the future to stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thanks for the wonderful review. The suites have more space than an average room- so more room to relax, work or play. Come back soon.
Brighton, Michigan
Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

As a Hilton Diamond member, I travel quite a bit and I must say there are some places that just are not up to par. This hotel is very nice, the staff very warm and welcoming striving to meet the needs and requests of their guests. I have many options to choose from, but when I travel in the Erie area, I always choose this location. The rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. If you are looking for a home away from home, this is your place. Enjoy!

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
ErieHomewood, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Erie, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you for the fabulous review. We want you to think of us as your home away from home when you are a guest! As a Hilton Diamond member we realize you have several choices in our area and we appreciate your business. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
ontario, canada
Reviewed April 14, 2013

If you want an All Suites Hotel in Erie,PA you couldn't ask for a nicer place. Our room had 2 flat screen Tv's, a fridge, and a stove. If you want to be close to shopping you can't get much closer....you are almost in the same parking lot as Millcreek Mall.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Our standard rooms have a seperate bedroom from our living area- very simular to a one bedroom apartment. Our location is very centrally located to everything in Erie- especially tax free shopping- just steps away!

It is our goal to provide only the highest level of customer service for all of our guests. Thank you for the wonderful review and we hope to see you back again soon!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We were 2 adults traveling with 2 young children for 1 night while in town visiting family. The location is great, easy access from highway and right next to restaurants and malls. The room was spacious for all of us, the kitchen facilities were awesome to have. Complimentary breakfast was better than most others we have had before with quality food and nice selection, well stocked too. We arrived late evening, and they had a coffee/tea station in the lobby that is free 24/7, and it was nice to wind down with a nice hot cup of tea after a long day of travel. Didn't get to use it this time, but next visit we will be spending time at the pool, looks nice.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Our hotel team strives to be the cleanliest and friendliest! Thank you for the wonderful review- next time you are town- please take us up on the welcome home reception nightly and the indoor pool. Hope to see you soon!