“A Little more than OK”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Erie
Ranked #15 of 38 Hotels in Erie
“A Little more than OK”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We've stayed here before, but this time it seems as though the hotel needs a bit of sprucing. The staff is very nice and helpful, but the room we got this time was quite loud (all night), I asked for a smoking room and I definitely got a smokers room...the smell wasn't so hot, but I guess that's what you get. Otherwise, for the purpose of the trip the stay was satifactory.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

ErieHomewood, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Erie, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you for your kind words about our staff and we are looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Roselle, Illinois
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

My business week stay here was not up to my expectations. Starting with the entryway doors...not easy to open dragging in luggage as the doors do not have an easy push open entry or automatic operation. Next as a Diamond Hilton member, my portfolio is very exact...upper floor, away from elevators. Placed on 3rd floor, adjacent to the elevator. As this week appears to be spring break for families, the hotel is overrun with children running up and down hallways, in the pool, dining area, not controlled by parents. This is tolerable as my time in the hotel is minimal, days at client site. But my nights have been wearing, as children overhead my room spend hours running, disturbing my downtime. Attempted to be relocated to top floor and nothing available for a Diamond Member, which is not satisfactory, as business people are the primary source of income for most hotels, not spring breakers. And as a Diamond Member, I had to go to desk to get one of my "rewards" for my loyalty to this chain, beverages and snack, instead of them waiting in my "upper floor, away from elevators" room, as the norm. Have two more weeks in this area, but have switched hotels elsewhere as the level of service here is disappointing.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
ErieHomewood, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Erie, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
I understand the disappointment of not having your requests granted- but we probably were not able to get you on the top floor- we were sold out for the week. Several of the rooms on the top floor are smoking rooms and this room type was not on your profile. I am sorry you would not consider us for the remainder of your stay during your time in Erie. I can only ask that you consider coming back and to try us again.
Oswego, New York
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Stayed here on 26th of March 2013 and it was terrific in every way including proximity to restaurants, cleanliness, the free breakfast, comfort, and service. There is a small but very adequate indoor pool.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the wonderful review!! We look forward to seeing you soon.
Orleans
Reviewed March 24, 2013

mary was great at reception - shame on second day was not mary we spoke to and asked for room to be cleaned at 9am - the room was never cleaned - we were just given clean towels at 3pm

very disappointed as wanted this to become a regular getaway

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
ErieHomewood, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Erie, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
We appreciate the concerns you expressed in your review. I apologize that your request for housekeeping was not met. We try to address each request and your request must have been miscommunicated between departments- I do apologize for the error on our part.

Thank you for the kind comments about Mary!

If you return to the area- I hope you will consider staying with us again.
Niagara Falls, NY
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Stayed at the Homewood Suites when I had to remain overnight in Erie for business. It was a last minute decision to stay here, but i am glad I did.

The hotel is in a good location near a mall, which provides many options for shopping and food, but not close enough for retail to interfere with the peace and quiet of the hotel.

I checked I nearly evening on a weeknight and was informed that they were serving dinner. Dinner was comprised of salad, chicken fingers, and pierogies. The food was average, but it was very nice option when you're working late and don't want to venture out once you get in.

The rooms are big and comfortable, and the surroundings are quiet. The bed was comfortable, allowing a good night sleep. The shower had good pressure and water temperature was good.

There was a pool, workout room and business center that all looked nice, but I did not use.

Breakfast was good, with many breakfast options. I myself had sausage, egg and a waffle - which were decent.

I would definitely stay again when I visit Erie.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
ErieHomewood, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Erie, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
We are happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back to the Erie Homewood!
Wake Forest, North Carolina
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Staying there for business for 5 days. The hotel is clean and comfortable.
Hot tub is out of order, so that was a bummer. Pool seems clean, breakfast is decent, though the sausage always seemed luke warm at best.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
ErieHomewood, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Erie, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Unfortunately- the hot tub is permentatly closed. Thank you for your comments and we hope to see you next time you are in the area!
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed here for the night on the way to shopping in Grove City. Location is perfect for shoppers, it's actually in the mall parking lot behind The MIll Creek Mall. If you key the address into your GPS it will take you only to the mall and it's difficult to see the hotel so that was a bit confusing. Room was great, clean and spacious with a nice size living room and full size kitchen including pots pans cutlerty etc. Staff were very pleasant and helpful for recommendations in the area. Hotel gives a $7 slot voucher for the casino which is only 11 minutes away. Bed wasn't the most comfortable but everything else was great so no complaints.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nani-Ke-Ola-
ErieHomewood, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Erie, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
The Erie Homewood Suites by Hilton is located within walking distance to the largest shopping mall in the area. Tax free clothing! Thank you for the review and we hope you are able to come back soon to visit!