Homewood Suites by Hilton Erie
$98
$89
SpringHill Suites
$101
Baymont Inn & Suites Erie(Erie)(Great Value!)
$85
$119
  • Pool
$95
Red Roof Inn Erie(Erie)(Great Value!)
$59
$49
Travelocity
$90
$107
Courtyard
Glass House Inn(Erie)
TripAdvisor
All reviewscomplimentary dinnerfull kitchenmillcreek malltwo bedroom suitehot tubliving areamill creekstaff was friendlyrooms are spaciousparking lotenjoyed my staypull out sofashopping and restaurantspresque islehome away from homeshort drivefree breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We normally stay at Hampton Inns (which we love), but decided to try the Homewood Suites option since we were using Hilton Honor points (30,000 for a holiday booking at both) and the Homewood offered full kitchen facilities. The room was a very nice size and the facilities perfect. I wish I could find this hotel in Italy when we travel there! Anyway - for the good stuff: the room was very clean, the kitchen facilities great, the bed very comfortable. Having the sofa with the swivel TV was great as was the separate desk and the free wifi. The location was good - ten minutes to Presque Isle and very convenient for shopping at Millcreek Mall and for getting on the highways (79 and 90). We didn't use the indoor pool as there were a lot of soccer kids there and was kind of noisy. But it looked good. The exercise room had decent equipment.

Now for the not so good: the breakfast offerings were not as good as those offered at the Hampton Inns which we think are outstanding. First morning we just had two bagels that we took to our room to toast as the line was long awaiting the toaster in the breakfast room. There were no sweet rolls, no apples left, and they were going to refill the eggs in a few minutes. I realize the hotel was completely full (and with many families) so I can understand having to refill the hot items, but items for a continental type breakfast should have been available at all times. Since it is free - no big deal for us.

Our only real complaint was that our air-conditioning totally conked out sometime on the first evening. We awoke at about 2:00 AM and the room was somewhere around 82-85 degrees. We tried setting the thermostat lower but it kept going back up. We tried opening the windows since it was cool outside but they only open a few inches. This did help to move the air a little and we tried to get back to sleep. However at about 4:00 AM and not being able to get back to sleep, we contacted the front desk and they told us that because the hotel was full, they couldn't move us but the night manager brought us a fan and we made the best of it. He assured us that service would be done the next day, but we were told the next day that there was no one available to fix the thermostat so, thankfully, they would move us when a room was available. Hm.m.m what would have happened if there were no other rooms available?

We were told that our discomfort would be "made good" so unless that doesn't happen - we are satisfied with the way this issue was handled and that management did what they could, and we will return to the Hilton hotels chains. We understand stuff happens. . . . would we stay here again. . .yes.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
ErieHomewood, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Erie, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2012

I apologize we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay. I am sorry for the issues in your room regarding the broken air conditioning unit. We are working with our maintenance team to ensure this does not happen again. If you return to our area, I hope you will consider staying with us again!

Reviewed May 23, 2012

This place is a really nice, clean, and updated place to stay. My daughter, two children and I stayed for a few nights while visiting Presque Isle and it was ideal for all of us. I wish I could say the same for the Front Desk. Upon checking in, they were to bring us a portable crib, which they never did. We had to go down and get it. Our toilet overflowed, and when we called the desk, the young man really didn't want to come and clean it up because the cleaning people had left for the day. He did come, but was abrupt and not friendly. My daughter stays at Hilton's all the time, and she called the headquarters and they corrected. It is very convenient to everything, and great for families with children! I would stay again.

Room Tip: Get a room closer to the Mall side in the back. The highway noise is on the other side.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
ErieHomewood, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Erie, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review regarding the Erie Homewood Suites. We appreciate all of our guests feedback-without feedback we don't know where we can improve. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed April 18, 2012

My wife and I stay at this hotel at lease 3 times each year starting about 8 years ago. We visit family and have found the Erie Homewood Suite an OUTSTANDING place to stay. We stay approx. 33 to 51 days each year at this facility. The manager (Lisa Chilton) and her staff are always friendly, accommidating and helpfull. The rooms are clean and the housekeeping staff do it great job when cleaning your room and keeping you supplied with enough towels and toiletries. I first discovered the hotel when I traveled on Government business to my hometown and have stayed there ever since on business and personal vacation trips. We have stay there so often that the manager and her staff have become friends who always make us feel welcome and a valued customer. We stay in holels approx. 80 -105 days each year and this Homewood Suites is the BEST of the BEST. We just arrived home in south Florida and are looking forward to returning back to the Erie Homewood Suites in 5 weeks for another 3 week stay. We also have another stay at this hotel in October for another 3 weeks. See you in May Lisa. Frank & Mary Lou

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Frank S
ErieHomewood, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Erie, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review regarding the Erie Homewood Suites. We appreciate all of our guests feedback. We look forward to seeing you soon! Thanks again!

Reviewed March 22, 2012

We had the opportunity to stay here for 2 nights in August 2011. Our stay was cut short due to me not feeling well so we checked out 2 days earlier than expected. Overall impression during our short stay was good. We didn't get the opportunity to use the pool area or take advantage of the evening dinner reception.

The hallway on our floor had what looked like a pile of ashes on the carpet going down the hallway during the whole 2 nights there, even though the maids were in and out of the rooms frequently, so I didn't understand why it sat there for 2 days when one of them could have quickly and easily vacuumed it up. No big deal but odd that they continued to walk by it. If it was that noticeable to me and my husband then I'm sure they saw it too. I figured after the first day of cleaning it would be gone but two days later when we checked out it was still there. Just found that odd.

I do have to say though that our room was VERY clean, which made me happy. There were some slices in the arm of the sleeper sofa, like someone had cut it with a knife. We brought that to the front desk's attention immediately just so they knew it was like that when we entered the room.

The complimentary breakfast selection was just ok. Both days it was eggs and sausage. There was no bacon or potatoes as pictured on their website under the Suite Start Breakfast picture. I ended up eating a muffin and toast that took forever to make due to the lines and it was cold by the time I got back to my room. (no seats left in the breakfast area).

Pros:

Nice open stairwells!
I love that they had the stairwells open so I wasn't forced to take the elevator. The stairwells are very large, open, clean, carpeted and the doors were open on every floor, which made me feel safe because I made several trips up and down four flights by myself throughout our stay.

Clean rooms, spacious and well equipped.
Calls to the front desk or housekeeping were answered politely, efficiently and with good resolution.
Free Internet access that worked well.
Pool area seemed clean and inviting.
Hotel very convenient to Millcreek Mall and only a short drive to Presque Isle.

Cons:
Breakfast area somewhat lacking in choice of hot foods advertised and somewhat hectic process using the toasters and getting your food. I would rather they had a stack of toast out in a warming bin with the eggs and side items. It would be quicker. If you could just go through the line and get what you want and sit down, like a buffet, it would be easier. Once you got your toast made the line was built up to get the eggs, and vice versa. One or the other ended up being cold because of the way it was set up.

And I agree with some of the other reviewers that it wasn't replenished enough, or the amounts they put out were too small. All it took was one family or two in front of you in the line to quickly wipe out the 6 or so muffins they put out. If you stood there waiting for them to replenish, you were blocking the toaster lines. If you moved, someone else grabbed them as quick as they came back out with more. And I grew up with 7 brothers so I know how to move quickly if I want food lol, but the families there were ruthless and would push right past you. So I guess what I'm saying is that lines/process did not flow smoothly which quickly became frustrating. But it's free so I guess you can't really complain :)

Overall we were very pleased during our short stay and we actually just booked another stay for this upcoming June 2012, to make up for what we missed out on last year when we had to cut our planned stay short. I'm looking forward to staying here again and hope we get to take advantage of the pool and hot tub area this time and maybe get a decent hot breakfast in the lobby area. Last time we asked for a low floor near elevator and ended up on the 4th floor way far away from the elevator. My husband is handicapped so hopefully we'll get an easier location for him this time since we made sure we asked for an accessible room for our upcoming stay in June. Overall good stay, nice clean hotel, pleasant employees.

Room Tip: Rooms near the stairwells are great if you want to avoid waiting for an elevator and enjoy exercise! I loved taking the stairs here, very open, carpeted, safe and spacious.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such an informative review. We are taking your suggestions into consideration. Its great to get feedback from our guests. We look forward to meeting you in June.

Reviewed January 18, 2012

the hotel is on the same style as Residence inns. very nice 1 bedroom suite with full kitchen & utensils. the breakfast was very good-- great variety of items (one thing lacking from all of the breakfast buffets..soy milk for us vegetarians) the pool area was well kept. we were there in the middle of a snow storm. the room would have been very very comfortable if the heating unit in the suite was working more efficiently.(just a little cold). but overall this is a great hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
ErieHomewood, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Erie, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2012

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Erie Homewood Suites during the snow storm. We're happy we were able to accommodate you and you enjoyed the pool. We appreciate your feedback regarding our breakfast as it is quite important to our guests. We will look into your suggestion to offer soy milk. Also, thanks for letting us know the heating unit didn't seem to work as efficiently as you would have preferred. We will look into that as well. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how your stay was and are very pleased that you enjoyed our hotel. We hope you will return once again to the Erie area and choose the Erie Homewood Suites for your accommodations. We do appreciate your business.