“Cleanest Room We've Ever Had”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Erie
Ranked #14 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Reviewed March 19, 2011

We stayed here for a single night simply one a whim without knowing much about it. The cleanliness was unforgettable. This was the cleanest hotel room we've ever had. This was the very first time that we've ever stayed in a hotel where we didn't pull the comforter off and toss it aside on the assumption that it wasn't often washed. The comforter was so plush and clean that I think I could have taken it home! The room was spacious and excellent. We're 36-37 years-old, with 3 kids (who did not accompany us), so we're not looking for 5 stars. This is a 'common everyday family person' opinion.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GroundState
ErieHomewood, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Erie, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2011

Thank you so much for the wonderful review of the Homewood Suites by Hilton! Our Housekeeping Associates have one of the hardest jobs in the hotel industry. It's really fantastic when they have the opportunity to hear from guests like yourselves on what a great job they really do! Thank you again! We hope you will return in the future!

Reviewed February 24, 2011

Room was above average in size, it was a corner suite that had a separate bedroom from the living room/kitchen/dining room area. The room was clean, but needed a few repairs (laminate flooring had a wide gap, closet door did not slide well on track, wind howled in the living room window). Service was good when we needed an extra pillow or towel. Included breakfast was okay. Located within walking distance of Millcreek Mall. Used the hot tub for 20 minutes and ended up with a rash and infection from the hot tub. I'd go back, but would recommend avoiding the pool area.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank b3b
Erihw, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Erie, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2011

Thank you for writing a review of our hotel, we appreciate the feedback so that we may investigate and correct any problems a guest may have, so that it doesn't happen to another guest in the future. I am very dissapointed to hear that you had a bad experience in our hot tub, however I am happy to say that the health department was here today (March 1, 2011) and their tests came back in the clear, so we can honestly say that our hot tub is safe for all approved users. In addition to our pool and hot tub being tested today both are tested twice weekly by Microbac Corporation. In addition, our in-house maintenance staff checks and logs the chemical levels twice daily, so we hope this instills confidence that we take the safety of our guests very seriously.

We do hope that you will give us another try so that we can prove to you what a great time you can have here at our hotel. Thanks again for the feedback as it allows us to make the corrections all establishments such as ours need to make from time to time.

Reviewed February 22, 2011

Spent 15 minutes in the hot tub and 5 minutes in the pool and ended up with Hot Tub Rash which I am guessing was from the hot tub~ advise you not to use it!
Everything was good. Suite was nice and well maintained. Continental breakfast good. Would go back but will avoid pool area/hot tub

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank fsevio
Erihw, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Erie, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2011

Thanks for you review! I am very sorry about your experience in the hot tub area, sometimes guests will accidentally hit the Emergency Stop button instead of the switch when they are trying to turn the jets on or off, this causes a spike in our chlorine levels. We take full responsibility for that and are currently working on getting better, more clear signage.
Thanks for giving us a shout-out on our breakfast, we take a lot of pride in our complimentary hot buffet breakfast and we really like to hear that it is appreciated. Please come see us again in the future!

Reviewed January 9, 2011

I was at Homewood suites one week in August on business trip. The apartment was excellent, very well accessorized, clean and also very well arranged for working. The bathroom was very comfortable and fairly spacious. A nice swimming pool and a small fitness center are available in the hotel. Very valuable quality/price ratio. Breakfast was included but poor: no fresh fruit, limited food selection. The staff was very kind and very helpful. Good location if you need to drive to Erie downtown (a few kilometers). There is a shopping mall in walking distance from the hotel (but maybe you’d better drive, there are neither sidewalks nor pedestrian crossings…).

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank Caius_Iulius_Caesar

Wow, thanks for being an advocate of our hotel, we can't thank you enough. I am very sorry to hear that we had not replenished our fresh fruit selection, which usually consists of apples, oranges, and bananas, during the time you were at breakfast. I also wish to let you know that we have ramped up our breakfast and are now offering more of a variety of options that rotate on a daily basis, to keep you coming back every day!
We are very grateful for your review and all the nice things you had to say about our hotel, we wish to see you back soon!

Reviewed December 7, 2010

Staying here was actually an accident. I was unable to make a trip to visit family, but still wanted to go somewhere. Someone recommended that I go to Erie because there are some nice things to do there. I was pleasantly surprised with my two-night stay here. The staff was great, the breakfast was fine, and I loved my room. I stayed in a King Studio Suite with my three-year-old son. There was plenty of space for the two of us. The pool was nice, and there was a beautiful mall in the parking lot. The hotel was also close to the Erie Zoo and Splash Lagoon, and there were plenty of other stores and things in the area. The beds were comfortable, although I cannot attest to how comfortable the sleeper sofa was because I did not use it. I wasn't crazy about the sink being seperate from the rest of the bathroom, and the bathroom was a little bit on the small side. However, the shower had that wonderful corved shower rod. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank cherry_red_10

You are so generous in your descripion of our hotel and we really appreciate it. I am sorry that you didn't like the set-up of the vanity area. Some people enjoy it being separated from the bathroom so that the mirrors don't fog, or so that one person can get ready while the other showers. However I can definitly see your point as some people prefer to shower and then get ready in the bathroom while it is still warm and cozy.
Once again, thank you for your review we appreciate it more than you know, and we hope to see you and your little guy again some time soon!

Reviewed October 14, 2010

This is our second time staying at Homewood Suites and when we return to Erie, we'll stay here again. The value of the room price is paltry when you consider the very good and continually stocked breakfast buffet and nightly manager's dinner. I agree with an earlier poster that the women who clean and stock the buffets should have a tip jar. Excellent and attentive service!

The front desk staff are very helpful, friendly, professional and they remember little things to make your stay comfortable. The beds felt like sleeping on a cloud! My parents had a handicap accessible room and it was set up with safety in mind.

Hint: sometimes you can get room discounts by staying multiple day, booking online and googling coupon codes for Homewood Suites.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank KingslandKat
Erihw, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Erie, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2010

Thank you for taking valuable time out of your day to write such a positive review! Everybody here at the hotel loves to hear when they are doing a good job, and a little pat on the back every now and then never hurts. We don't put a tip jar out because we don't want guests to feel compelled to tip, but if you would like to I am sure they won't turn it down, and will be most grateful :) We can't wait for you to come see us again!

Reviewed October 12, 2010

this hotel has full sized fridges and stove top. microwaves and coffee pots in all the rooms. there are even brand new gas grills on the patio and picnic tables so your family or friends can have their own cook out! Very friendly staff and great free breakfast. monday thru thursday you get a free dinner and beer and wine, too. I highly recommend this property.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank doobie79

Thanks for the review, it' makes my job so much easier when great people like you do it for me! We can't wait to see you again soon!