Fairfield Inn Erie Millcreek Mall
Ranked #22 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Ft. Washington, Pa
“MR”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel for over 7 years and they have always taken very good care of me. My only concern is the breakfast, it has changed to a hot breakfast but it is just not good. Same Canadian Bacon sitting in hot water not very appitizing. And the fresh fruit had 4 life's which were stuck to the side. Someone needs to pay more attention.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Jfv736

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Richmond Hill, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

After multiple stays at this hotel over 10+ years, it is time to look for an alternative on my next visit. The owners of this location must've decided to stop investing in the property. The rooms are large but the beds sag - they are soft - but even soft beds should not sag. On a 10 day trip with 6 nights at 3 different Fairfield Inns, this was the worst night of sleep that we had as the beds were terrible. Further, why can't the hotel review a reservation and ensure that the assigned room has enough towels for the 4 guests listed on the reservation?

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
3 Thank CJIG106
FairfieldErie, Manager at Fairfield Inn Erie Millcreek Mall, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Thank you for your review. I would like to apologize for the issues you had during your stay. We strive to exceed our guests' expectations, and I take it personally when we fail. I am sorry that we were unable to meet your expectations. Please contact me directly if you would like to discuss this matter further. Once again, thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Travelers are raving about these Erie hotels

York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

We arrived during a torrential rain storm and were welcomed by reception staff.
The room and bathroom were OK, clean but generally a bit tired.
Coffee available all the time but both times we had some it was cold.

Breakfast looked good but the fresh fruit had been frozen (much of it still was) so some of the fruit had turned to mush.
Sachets of porridge offered but with only luke warm water to mix it with we ended with another bowl of mush.
Coffee at breakfast was good and plentiful.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Thank you for your review. I would like to apologize for the many issues you had during breakfast and with the coffee during your stay. We strive to exceed our guests' expectations, and I take it personally when we fail. I hope this does not hinder you from giving us another chance to impress you. Please contact me directly if you would like to discuss this matter further. Once again, thank you for taking the time to write a review.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Great hotel with outstanding staff! Rooms were very clean,quiet and amenities were as advertised.
Staff are genuinely interested their guests and go the extra each time they interact. A definite must stay at hotel!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank CM G
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here one night and it was pretty good. The rooms are big and comfortable (me, husband and toddler). The hotel was completely booked so there was a lot of traffic and noise in the hallways but was mostly quiet at night. Walls must be pretty solid but the floors/ceilings are thin. We heard kids running around in the room above us which was annoying at 7am. It's also pet friendly and even as a dog lover/owner I was irritated by a dog in another room whining when the family left. The pool is small but was heated and stays open till midnight! Breakfast was included and was pretty good. Beds and pillows were comfy but the fitted sheet kept sliding off; Minor issue but annoying. The staff, even house keeping were very nice and polite. It's in a prime location so we would definitely stay here again.

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank RDubs2014
toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Biggest complaint was the bed - so soft - my back ached for days after! Other than that its your basic small hotel - no bells and whistles - that's for sure! Room was cleaned satisfactorily. Breakfast was edible, I guess. However the location was fantastic if you want to shop! We paid about $120 USD per night - too much in my opinion. A rate of about $90 per night would make this hotel more worth it.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank dscoochie
FairfieldErie, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Erie Millcreek Mall, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We always appreciate feedback of any kind, and are constantly striving to improve your experience in any way we can. I apologize that you found the beds too soft. I am pleased to see that you found your room to be satisfactory, and the location was just right for you. I hope that you will return to us on future visits to the area.
WV
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

I stayed at this hotel before and recently over the weekend. Marriott has recently upgraded this hotel to a category 5, but I would say it is a category 3 at most. The first room they gave me had a smell of smoke. I went to the desk and asked for another room and they gave me one, but to my surprise this room was occupied. I am sure the person in the room was very unhappy to hear the door open at midnight, luckily he had the safety latch engaged. I finally got a third room and it was clean and comfortable, but showed signs of wear. The breakfast was about normal for Fairfield Inn. The hotel gave me 10,000 Marriott points for my troubles, but I don't see how you can ever give someone a room that is already occupied.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank ASA203
I am so sorry to hear of the negative experience you had while staying at our hotel. We strive to provide the best service to you, and we have clearly missed the mark with your stay. I am pleased to see that we were able to provide you with a resolution that you found to be satisfactory. If you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. I hope that you will give us another chance to WOW you on your next visit to Erie.