“Good”

Ranked #25 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Aurora, Canada
“Good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

This hotel was clean had a good breakfast include in the price. Close to mall and shopping 1 minute drive to mall and Peach St. Close to lots of shopping. Try Smokey Bones across the street very good for dinner. Take a pass on Applebees Staff very helpful and friendly. Would stay here on next trip.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
UNIVERSITY PARK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

While many "express-type" hotels have remodeled and upgraded paint and lobby arrangements, this one has not. It shows signs of hard use and dated décor. The room was adequately furnished but the mattresses were very soft and pillows hard. I was very disappointed in the breakfast item selection - no fruit that I could see, only sugar cereals besides packet oatmeal, and dismal pastries. The scrambled eggs were freshly made and there was an option for waffles and toast. The front desk staff was very friendly. With many hotel selections in the area, I will look for another next time.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Cambridge, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

Have stayed in many hotels in Erie. This was as good as any we've stated in. Clean rooms. Slightly above average breakfast. Close to Peach St. Stores for shopping at the big box stores. Even within walking distance of Millcreek Mall. Would definitely stay there again. Pet friendly too.

• Stayed August 2013
Wheeling, WV
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

I spent two nights at this hotel with a friend while we were visiting a college friend who lives in Erie. The hotel is conveniently located, just off I-79, near the Millcreek Mall. The front desk staff person who checked us in and out (wish I had noticed her name since she was exceptionally friendly and efficient) gave us some area information and restaurant advice. Our room was very comfortable, and clean. The beds were great, and the hotel was nice and quiet for sleeping.

The complimentary breakfast was excellent...lots of choices and very tasty. My only complaint would be that there is very little seating in the breakfast area. We had to take our meals back to eat in our rooms, something that we observed many other guests having to do. My guess is that they renovated to be able to serve breakfast and didn't have a lot of area left over for seating. This was not terrible, but anyone who might want seconds, or more coffee would have to return to the dining area.

When we returned to our room on our second day, we found that the housekeeping person had only made up one of the two queen beds in the room. The bathroom had been refreshed, but we thought she must have been called away and forgot to return to finish. No biggie, but it was strange to find our beds only half done.

I would definitely return to this Fairfield Inn if in Erie in the future.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

Just had a great experience at Fairfield Inn. We stayed with some family and our three rooms were grouped together for our convenience. The staff was friendly and efficient. The rooms were clean and perfectly comfortable. The area was safe and our dog was able to stay with us for a reasonable fee compared to some other area hotels. We used the pool and it was smallish but refreshing; it was also spotless, and clean pool towels were conveniently waiting on every deck chair for our use.

The included breakfast was a real treat. The ladies attending the area kept everything fresh and full and they deserve my highest praise. The variety was substantial from eggs and Canadian bacon to waffles made fresh to muffins, bagels and toast to cereals to oatmeal and toppings to fruit and yogurt with a good selection of juices, coffee and tea (and water, thank you, I always drink water.) Even when the crowd swelled, the area was well maintained, the tables quickly cleaned, and the selections refilled.

The area was safe as it is a grouping of three Marriot brands in a corner of the Millcreek Mall property. There are also plenty of shopping options and chain restaurants in the area.

Some recent reviews of this property caused me concern as my family recently had a poor experience two miles further east on rte. 90. But as I'd suspected from their nitpicking nature, those reviews proved to be frivolous. My concerns were quickly and pleasantly replaced with satisfaction.

The purpose of our trip was a visit to a local college that my daughter is considering. If that turns out to be her choice, I expect we will stay at the Fairfield Inn many times over those four years.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

My husband and I stay here for his work during the week quite a bit, and I absolutely love it! Whenever we stay for work, I normally don't have my car with me, so I either have to stay in the hotel most of the day, or walk to wherever I'd like to go. The hotel is in an awesome location, because you can either walk a hundred feet to the great shopping center it shares a parking lot with, or you can walk across the road to the really great mall and restaurants! The rooms are clean, nice, big, and the staff is always pleasant and in a good mood! There's nothing before Erie, PA and nothing after, so Erie is packed with shopping, eateries, and things to do, and Fairfield is in the perfect spot amidst it all. My husband is 6'5" and though normally, his work doesn't allow him to directly book anything but a queen bed, the front desk will always upgrade us to a King if they have it available so that my husband can fit comfortably! Great customer service:)

Room Tip: The rooms are big, so you win with any room type
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Fergus, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite for a shopping weekend with the kids. We were overall pleased with the suite, and happy to be above the pool, because between driving and shopping, our little guy wasn't really quiet. Breakfast was fine, the room cleanliness was fine and there were no weird smells or anything. The kitchen area of the suite was a little tight, with the table right by the door, but it was certainly ok for our needs for 2 days and the price was right. It took about an hour to drive to groves, (mainly because there is a line up that waits to get off the highway to the outlets.)

Room Tip: if you have little kids maybe ask for a suite above the pool so you don't have to worry about ki...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family