“Toddler Mini Vacation”

Ranked #24 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Cleveland, Ohio
“Toddler Mini Vacation”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Great place to stay while visiting Erie, Pa clean and staff is very friendly . Breakfast was decent My 2 year old had a great time in the pool. there were lots of families with other lil children on vacation . located in a great shopping area with lots of dinning options. Had a great time and will be returning in a few weeks .

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
jefferson hills, pa
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The staff was very friendly an the room was clean. I always like the coffee, tea or cocoa options when you arrive on a cool, rainy evening. In addition to the typical breakfast items (cereal, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, etc...) they had Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches. I only wish that they would post the cooking time, since the print on the packaging is so small.

Room Tip: The Christmas Tree Shoppe, a store in the shopping center next to the Faifield Inn, is my favorite b...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank dobremom
edmonton
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed here one night on our drive through. This was a disappointing stay. This property is dated and in need of an overhaul. The bed was way too soft and springy for us. Breakfast was OK. No fridge or microwave. The staff are very friendly but they can only do so much with a property that badly needs some TLC.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
FairfieldErie, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Erie Millcreek Mall, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
I am so sorry to hear that you had a disappointing stay at our hotel. Unfortunately, as you noted, we do not have all rooms equipped with microwaves and refrigerators. This is something that we are working toward, and hope to be able to provide in the future. Thank you for the compliments regarding the staff; I will make sure to pass them on. I am excited to tell you that we will begin serving a hot breakfast in June, and I hope that you will come back and try us out again. Thank you so much for reviewing us.

Jennifer Reddinger
Indiana, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Typical Fairfield Suites. Standard breakfast although it was very neat and clean and she was diligient about keeping it tidy even with a full crowd at breakfast. Front dest staff is very nice and helpful. Great location in the mall annex area. Carpets in halls could use a good steam cleaning. Otherwise, nice place.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for the comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I am happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay, and that our staff did a good job of taking care of your needs. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I write this because I see there is another Fairfield promo thru Marriott that I will not be participating in. Erie pa is one of the hardest markets for me to book a hotel at for my buisness. After watching this property go from my favorite to one of the worst in 1-1/2 years, i decided I will never book with this property. After checking into this hotel this past winter, I witnesses the manager and staff create a situation with a guest on their way to their vehicle. They continued to trash this guest with no reguard of me being on computer in lobby. They let the situation get so out of control that the local police needed to be called. The person just wanted a reciept for the money they were not refunded from hotels website. Very strange, spooky & tacky situation. Were these people to leave with no record of their refund? Now fo. My incident in April, come off the highway, register for my room, get keys and leave to make dinner reservation. I go into room for first time, see room with stain on chair and room not cleaned. I assumed I had been checked into someone elses room. Refused to move room & paid double. Unprofessional staff, manager has tattoos showing & uncooperative desk staff. Will never stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013
3 Thank frequent_travel6
I am truly sorry that you had such an unpleasant experience while you stayed with us. I appreciate your taking the time to write a review; feedback is very important to us and we strive to provide the highest possible level of service to our guests. I am sorry that you were witness to a situation such as you described; unfortunately we do occasionally have incidents at the hotel that we are unable to predict or prevent. While we do our best to exercise discretion in these extreme cases, it is not always possible to do so.
As far as the issues encountered during you April stay, I apologize that our housekeeping service was substandard upon entering your room. I would encourage you to contact me directly so that we could discuss the remainder of the items in your review, as I would like to get further clarification and work toward solving the problem. Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel.
Jennifer Reddinger, General Manager

Travelers are raving about these Erie hotels

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Have stayed here a few times recently and each time has been fine. Rooms are clean comfortable with a nice easy chair. Plenty of outlets for plugging in electronics, and nice new flat screens. Breakfast has nice options, with fresh fruits, cereals, breads and breakfast sandwiches.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking a moment to write a review about your stay with us at the Fairfield Inn. We're delighted to hear that you had a nice stay with us and enjoyed all of our amenities. We appreciate having you as our guest and look forward to your next visit.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel, being one of two Marriott properties not sold out. If you like dirty rooms with browning wallpaper, and musty hallway smells, this is the place for you. Worse, the internet was so slow, that I actually had to leave the hotel to find an alternative internet connection so that I could actually get some work done. If I planned to stay any longer than one day, I would have moved to another property. This hotel is in serious need of renovations.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the feedback regarding your stay. We do apologize for the experience you had. Your feedback is taken very seriously and will be used to improve our operation. We thank you for choosing Marriott and assure you this is not representative of what you should expect. If you find yourselves returning to the Erie area, I ask that you please contact me to handle your reservations.