“Dated and not great” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 38 Hotels in Erie
edmonton
“Dated and not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed here one night on our drive through. This was a disappointing stay. This property is dated and in need of an overhaul. The bed was way too soft and springy for us. Breakfast was OK. No fridge or microwave. The staff are very friendly but they can only do so much with a property that badly needs some TLC.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
FairfieldErie, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Erie Millcreek Mall, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
I am so sorry to hear that you had a disappointing stay at our hotel. Unfortunately, as you noted, we do not have all rooms equipped with microwaves and refrigerators. This is something that we are working toward, and hope to be able to provide in the future. Thank you for the compliments regarding the staff; I will make sure to pass them on. I am excited to tell you that we will begin serving a hot breakfast in June, and I hope that you will come back and try us out again. Thank you so much for reviewing us.

Jennifer Reddinger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Indiana, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Typical Fairfield Suites. Standard breakfast although it was very neat and clean and she was diligient about keeping it tidy even with a full crowd at breakfast. Front dest staff is very nice and helpful. Great location in the mall annex area. Carpets in halls could use a good steam cleaning. Otherwise, nice place.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for the comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I am happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay, and that our staff did a good job of taking care of your needs. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Columbus, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I write this because I see there is another Fairfield promo thru Marriott that I will not be participating in. Erie pa is one of the hardest markets for me to book a hotel at for my buisness. After watching this property go from my favorite to one of the worst in 1-1/2 years, i decided I will never book with this property. After checking into this hotel this past winter, I witnesses the manager and staff create a situation with a guest on their way to their vehicle. They continued to trash this guest with no reguard of me being on computer in lobby. They let the situation get so out of control that the local police needed to be called. The person just wanted a reciept for the money they were not refunded from hotels website. Very strange, spooky & tacky situation. Were these people to leave with no record of their refund? Now fo. My incident in April, come off the highway, register for my room, get keys and leave to make dinner reservation. I go into room for first time, see room with stain on chair and room not cleaned. I assumed I had been checked into someone elses room. Refused to move room & paid double. Unprofessional staff, manager has tattoos showing & uncooperative desk staff. Will never stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank frequent_travel6
I am truly sorry that you had such an unpleasant experience while you stayed with us. I appreciate your taking the time to write a review; feedback is very important to us and we strive to provide the highest possible level of service to our guests. I am sorry that you were witness to a situation such as you described; unfortunately we do occasionally have incidents at the hotel that we are unable to predict or prevent. While we do our best to exercise discretion in these extreme cases, it is not always possible to do so.
As far as the issues encountered during you April stay, I apologize that our housekeeping service was substandard upon entering your room. I would encourage you to contact me directly so that we could discuss the remainder of the items in your review, as I would like to get further clarification and work toward solving the problem. Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel.
Jennifer Reddinger, General Manager

Travelers are raving about these Erie hotels

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Have stayed here a few times recently and each time has been fine. Rooms are clean comfortable with a nice easy chair. Plenty of outlets for plugging in electronics, and nice new flat screens. Breakfast has nice options, with fresh fruits, cereals, breads and breakfast sandwiches.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking a moment to write a review about your stay with us at the Fairfield Inn. We're delighted to hear that you had a nice stay with us and enjoyed all of our amenities. We appreciate having you as our guest and look forward to your next visit.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel, being one of two Marriott properties not sold out. If you like dirty rooms with browning wallpaper, and musty hallway smells, this is the place for you. Worse, the internet was so slow, that I actually had to leave the hotel to find an alternative internet connection so that I could actually get some work done. If I planned to stay any longer than one day, I would have moved to another property. This hotel is in serious need of renovations.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
Thank you for the feedback regarding your stay. We do apologize for the experience you had. Your feedback is taken very seriously and will be used to improve our operation. We thank you for choosing Marriott and assure you this is not representative of what you should expect. If you find yourselves returning to the Erie area, I ask that you please contact me to handle your reservations.
Niagara Falls, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We just got back from an overnight stay in erie. The staff is exceptional and very friendly. Be sure to ask for the $7 casino credit if you're planning on stopping by erie downs (its free..). The room was very lean and comfortable.

The pool however is very small (20ftx10ft), very cold, not too clean and at the deepest point it's 3.5ft deep. We found the pictures to be very misleading :(. There is also no hot tub .

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank TravelToUnravel55
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience at the Fairfield Inn. We are delighted to hear that our clean and comfortable rooms and friendly staff met your expectations. I am sorry to hear that the pool area left you disappointed, especially regarding the water temperature. We do strive to maintain a consistent pool temperature that is comfortable for everyone. I hope that you plan to visit us when you return to Erie. Thank you again for writing.
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

I'm shocked to see such positive reviews for this hotel. To have Marriott associated to its name clearly reflects it's franchised set up with little quality control. The reality is I have been a Premier Platinum elite member in the past - a top 1% tier of the Marriott customer base, and Bill and his family would do well to get their name off this underinvested, poor service, and poorly maintained hotel. We checked in for 6 nights, but left after two nights. Primarily as a result of two rude, unhelpful, and definitely not Marriott quality front desk staff. The lovely lady who supports breakfast should not feel aggrieved because she understands good service and took note of the fact that we were here in Erie due to my wife's grandmother's funeral. As a leading Director of Sales for some of the largest hotels in London, and whose career includes Marriott, she was particularly shocked at this hotel, especially given she helped open the hotel over ten years ago. We have travelled to hundreds of hotels in the world and this was one of our poorer experiences. What you may ask? It was the little things, it often is but for a basic hotel chain, it's these things that need to be done well...

- hairs on the walls, floors, toilet seats, sinks upon arrival
- room not serviced
- duvet cover was two sheets
- taste of water was strange
- towels were too small
- no hello's, or goodbyes
- no directions to the room
- no explanation of facilities
- upon asking for gym facilities we were told "you have no options around here"

We checked out, moved over to the TownPlace suites that sits behind the Fairfield building. As a newer hotel, with much better service, quality and overall maintenance, this hotel would be a much better location for your next stay in Erie.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank fandango1978
Thank you for sharing your experience, and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you felt while you were here with us. Your review is greatly appreciated as it helps us to improve our hotel. I am sorry to hear that your stay did not live up to expectations. We take the cleanliness and upkeep of our hotel very seriously and I will be sure to follow through with our team members to make sure that future guests do not have a similar experience. Your satisfaction is important to us. I hope that you will allow us the opportunity to provide you with the customer service that you deserve should you ever return to the area.