“Great hotel”

Fairfield Inn Erie Millcreek Mall
Ranked #24 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Stayed here in late spring for just one night. Room was reasonably priced, and very clean. They have a pretty good breakfast in the morning. The staff was very friendly. I would recommend them.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Jennifer R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Erie Millcreek Mall, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2012

Thank you so much for the kind comments and recommendation. We appreciate your feedback, and are so glad to hear that you had such a pleasant experience. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

We were here for 1 night and it was a typical Fairfield property. Breakfast was good and the rooms were ok. We had hoped to work out that evening but this property does not have that option.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your stay at the Fairfield Inn. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

No soap or shampoo provided ... needed to pick up at the desk.
My daughter checked in another room the next day and did not get soap or shampoo either. It must be a regular practice.

My room was not cleaned after the first night ... hope that isn't a regular practice.

What really made for a bad stay was the "fitted" mattress cover and bottom sheet did not fit well and would not stay tucked. Not easy to sleep on.

1  Thank jrsane

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I am disappointed that your stay was not all that it could have been.

I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and its team for your stay. It is not a regular practice to omit the standard amenities in your guest room. We were experiencing some shipping delays due to natural disasters in the midwest and south, and while that is of course no excuse for the lack of amenities in your room, it did create a shortage in supply for us and subsequently a little confusion with the staff. I hope that you brought this to our attention during your stay, and that we were able to deliver to you the appropriate amenities as soon as requested. Once again, I am sorry that you encountered this situation.

It is standard procedure for our rooms to be cleaned daily, unless a guest requests privacy or informs us that they do not want housekeeping service. I am sorry to hear that you did not receive housekeeping service on the day following your check-in, and that the sheets on the bed were ill-fitting. Again, I do hope that we were able to rectify this for you prior to your departure.

I would like the opportunity to remedy this situation if at all possible. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel directly as I certainly do not want your only experience with the Fairfield Inn to be a negative one. Again, please accept my apologies and I hope to speak with you soon.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

We booked this stay at the last minute through an "opaque" web site and were pleasantly surprised to find it was the Fairfield Inn. The room was fairly large and extremely clean. It was in the same parking lot as the Millcreek Mall, which offered plenty of restaurant choices. The breakfast offered at the Fairfield was great with a good variety of items to choose from. The staff was very friendly and we were greeted by every employee we encountered. We checked out not realizing we had left our pillows in the room. We called and went back the next afternoon to find they had located our pillows and were holding them for us. I can't imagine many motels doing that and really expected they had been thrown away! We were in town on family business and really wish we had been able to extend our stay at the Fairfield. The next time we are in Erie, this will be our #1 choice!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

I would like to thank you for your comments about the pleasant experience you had at our hotel. We pride ourselves on taking care of our guests not only during their stay, but even after they check out as well. I am pleased to hear that you were able to have your lost items returned to you. It is also great to hear that you will be returning to us on your next visit to Erie. We look forward to the opportunity once again to have you as a guest at our hottel.

Reviewed May 27, 2012

Our family wanted a quick weekend getaway and I had seen a package deal for the Waldameer amusement park so we headed to the Fairfield Inn located in the same parking lot as the Millcreek Mall. There was plenty of parking and it was nice being able to walk across the lot to the mall. For those that want to shop, there is pretty much every store imaginable within a 2 mile radius and there is also several food choices within walking distance. The hotel is a standard Fairfield Inn, but we did receive excellent service checking in. Every staff member we encountered was very helpful and super friendly. The rooms were very clean and standard in size. Beds were comfortable and we had a microwave and small fridge in our room which we always use. The decor was a little dated and the a/c was a bit loud, but that would not deter us from staying here again. The free breakfast had the same offerings as everybody else and it was quite busy in the morning. We did bring our pet along and was pleased to see that the back of the hotel provides a grassy area, disposable bags and even seating for pet owners. It is one of the more dog friendly hotels that I have been to. Waldameers amusement and water park was only a 5-10 minute drive away and we found the hotel to be central to everything we needed. I would certainly stay here on my next trip to Erie.

Room Tip: If you are bringing a pet, ask for a room at the back of the hotel close to the stairs for easy acce...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your comments on our hotel. I am very pleased to hear that everyone on our team provided you with such great service. We appreciate your feedback, and look forward to having you as a guest again in the future.

Reviewed April 29, 2012

The afternoon manager was great. Have forgotten his name but he was a tall thin young man who was exceptionally polite and helpful. Rooms were fine..nothing fancy . We did not have a remote in the room and had to go to the desk to get one. The breakfast selection was a little sparse..not like the usual fairfield.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay. I am pleased to hear that our staff was so welcoming and accommodating, and will be sure to pass on your kind words to my team.

You are correct that our breakfast is different than what some other Fairfield Inns or Fairfield Inn and Suites may offer. While we do offer all the items that are required by our brand, there are other hotels that offer additional items which we currently do not. However, you may be pleased to hear that during the first quarter of 2013, we anticipate rolling out a new breakfast which will include hot items as well as the staples we offer now.

Once again, thank you for the feedback you have provided for us, and we look forward to having you as a guest again in the future.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel before but have found better in the area. The staff is friendly and the rooms aren't too bad in size and are clean. My real issue with this hotel is that there are no fridges or microwaves in the room and the towels are very small and worn.
This is not great if you want to stop at the grocery store and/or have a meal in your room to safe restaurant money.

We also had issues the first night with the airconditioning. We called to the desk and the front desk sent a non-maintenace person who said the air had to have circulation to work - we had left it on max for 5 hours. It did not get better the rest of the night even with humans in it. The next 2 days were better but only because the temp went down to 7 celsius.
The other thing I'm not fond of is that the hotel does not have a shuttle that some of the other hotels have had, this would enable visitors to go to restaurants etc. without using cabs and even with a nominal fee, would be a better alternative and also a marketing plus.
Breakfast was okay as it was free with stay.

Room Tip: No real restaurant, more like a waiting room with tables. However, does have room service. The win...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Deb and Brad S

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I am disappointed that it did not live up to your expectations.

I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel for the issues you encountered. We do not typically have an engineer on staff in the evenings, and often our other team members will try to evaluate a situation first to try and determine an appropriate resolution. Generally, our standard procedure would be to switch you to another room with a working unit, and I am sorry that this was not the path taken in your case. I will be sure to raise this experience with my entire service team as a training exercise to ensure that this type of situation is handled appropriately in the future.

Many of the hotels in our area do offer different amenities and services, such as shuttles, or refrigerators in all of their guest rooms. While we are unfortunately unable to provide a shuttle service at this time, we do have fridges and microwaves available upon request. I would love to welcome you back to our hotel so that we can provide you with an experience as relaxing and rewarding as your last one should have been. Please feel free to contact me directly so that I may personally take care of you and your stay.
Once again please do accept my apologies. Thank you again for your comments.