“Topnotch”

Ranked #24 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Brantford, Canada
“Topnotch”
Reviewed April 17, 2011

I found the hotel to be very clean, staff were very friendly. Air conditioning in room worked great, a little hot in the hallway. The pools temperature was just perfect, although they could of used bigger pool towels. Pillows were not hard or lumpy, and very quiet. The breakfast they served was a good selection, I certainly left both mornings very comfortably stuffed although with the size of our group and other patrons they could of used another toaster. It was also nice having hot beverages all day. It might also be nice if this hotel provided a shuttle to the hotel or if they could of arranged something for us.

• Stayed April 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Johnstown, PA
Reviewed March 25, 2011

I stayed there because there were not a lot of choices that night. I went back because of the wonderful service! The person checking in was friendly and helpful and made sure all my questions were answered. I had a document to print and they were having problems in their business center so the person at the desk turned her monitor around and allowed me to print it on their system! I was amazed! In the morning, I slept in and arrived after the breakfast hour thinking I would only get coffee. The breakfast woman volunteered to open up the cooler and she offered me anything I wanted while she cleaned up. Guests after me got the same treatment. It was like we were her first guest of the day.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 7, 2011

The garbage can to the entrance overflowed with garbage. Room attendant was terrible. She came at 10am to clean and when I asked her to come back she returned at230pm cleaned the room and ran out of towels. I had to ask the front desk for towels at 8 o'clock at night. The fan in the bathroom was loud the bathtub was stained and looked like it was not cleaned. The heated pool was freezing. I will not return here

• Stayed March 2011

Travelers are raving about these Erie hotels

Daytona Beach, Florida
Reviewed November 24, 2010

Make sure to call ahead and make sure they have not rented out a book of rooms to sports teams. We spent two different times when they had rented out 10-15 rooms to hockey teams and no one watched these kids and they took over the hotel. Parents did nothing and neither did the hotel staff. Parents took over the lobby for their meetings and nightly parties. Kids ran up and down the stairs, hallways. Trashed the pool. Out in the parking lot making alot of noise. We were worried about our car. Could not get near the morning breakfast area. When I emailed them after our stay to complain, noone bothered to respond.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed November 16, 2010

my husband and I were travelling to Erie, Peach St and Pittsburgh for a few days get away. This hotel's value for the money can not be disputed. There is plently of shopping opportunities and you can walk from the hotel to the mall that has plently of deals for a Canadian shopper. Local dining options are plentiful from take out to sit in decent dining. The complimentary breakfast provided several healthy options including very good coffee. The pool and hot tub was small but clean and great to unwind after a long day shopping. I would definatley stay here again for a shopping trip.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
New Kensington, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 19, 2010

they had a hotel full of out of town guests for a wedding and they were not prepared for 3 oclock check in let alone for people to check in early. at 4 oclock they were still cleaning our rooms and the staff was not happy that we were changing in the rooms. we missed the wedding for no early check ins and then there was a big mix up with everyone room in been book when they thought they had rooms.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Chelmsford, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 13, 2010

We stayed here twice on our trip - outbound and inbound. Very clean, basic hotel. Very quiet. The breakfast buffet wasn't anything fancy, but it served us well. The beds were comfy. We brought our dog with us. Some of the other guests seemed startled to see our dog. The only disappointment was the WiFi wasn't working one night.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family