“Great Stay And Great Service..Bad uniforms” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Erie Ambassador Conference Center

Courtyard Erie Ambassador Conference Center
Ranked #19 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Elmira, New York
“Great Stay And Great Service..Bad uniforms”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

I Recently Stayed Here Traveling For Business i Recommend This Location. Betty At The Front Desk Was Polite, Helpful And Professional.Unfortunately The Uniform Top The Employees Are Required To Wear Did Not Reflect Them As Professionals. Guests Were joking That the Girls Resembled Clowns.I Can Only Imagine How Many Times Betty And The Others Have Heard This In A Day. Management Please Consider A Button Down Shirt And Blazer For Your Professional Employees. They All Work Hard And dont Don't Need Added Stress Because A Bad Uniform Choice On Your Part

• Stayed August 2014
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Michelle E, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Erie Ambassador Conference Center, responded to this review, October 8, 2014
Thank you for your recent stay at our property. Unfortunately, there are particular standards that our brand does have us adhere to, but we certainly appreciate your remarks, and will see to it that your input is considered for future uniform changes and renovations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

I stayed over one night here at the end of a business trip prior to returning home to VA. The hotel is centrally located , just off the highway, in somewhat of a business district. There's free parking on site, if needed,and check in was smooth and easy. I'd requested a king room, but was given what appeared to be more like a petit suite, with a full bar with three stools, a partial kitchen with a sink, fridge ,microwave, coffee maker, plenty of cabinets and lots of counter space. There was also a real plate, bowl, cup, glass , spoon , fork and knife in the cabinet/drawer. I was pretty tired when I arrived at around 3pm, from a very busy day. For this reason I was not really interested in going to the on site restaurant for dinner. I called guest services and asked what places delivered. I was informed that the on site restaurant did provide room service, but also that a few of the neighboring restaurants ( Steak & Shake, Applebee's and a few others) would also deliver to my room, they even had direct dial buttons for these places on the main phone in my room. I decided on Applebee's after checking out their menu online via my iPad ( free wifi). My meal was delivered to my door within a half hour. After eating I crashed on the incredibly comfortable bed.

The next morning I called guest services at about 8am, and inquired on transportation to the airport for my 11am flight. Within 10 minutes I received a return call giving me a time that the complementary shuttle service would take me to the airport. I was the only one on the shuttle, and the driver was very friendly and helpful. My arrival at the airport ended my Courtyard experience, which was great! And yes, I would stay at this hotel again in the future as well as recommend it to others.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Urbana, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2014

Very nice hotel. It is very quiet. I was surprised with the busy road and highway so close but we found the room to be very quiet. The bed was the most comfortable yet on this trip. We stayed in an accessible room which provided additional space. We appreciated having the separate bedroom space, leaving the living area and pull out coach for our college aged children.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Springfield, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2014

I have stayed here on several occasions in the past. This was my first stay in a few years and I found that a major redecorating project has been done. I can't say the welcome and front desk experience is better, it is just different. One thing in the renovation that is a negative is the dining experience. Courtyards across the country are slowly switching from their full menu/buffet breakfast to what they term a "bistro". And the "bistro" has arrived here. What this means is no complimentary coffee in the lobby, no sit-down breakfast with a server, and a limited choice of pre-packaged items for breakfast. It is a terrible change. People think of Courtyard as comparable to Hilton Garden Inn. No longer. Hilton wins hands down: full breakfast menu and buffet, money-back guarantee if not satisfied with room, and pricing. Courtyards are almost always more $$ than a comparable HGI. Courtyard does not have a refund policy if not satisfied. I've belonged both to the Marriott and Hilton membership points clubs. I will probably close my Marriott membership this year.

That said, the room was quiet and clean, though the sheets seemed old and worn. I had a pleasant stay, and I walked to the adjacent Hilton Garden Inn for an enjoyable breakfast.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for your recent review of our property. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed our recent renovations, but we're terribly sorry to hear we fell short of your expectations. Please feel free to contact the hotel directly at (814) 860-8300 should you desire to discuss this matter in further detail. We are always more than happy to be of assistance. We hope you decide to give us a second chance should travel bring you back our way, so that we can prove to you that we want you to enjoy every second you spend with us at Courtyard by Marriott, Erie.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014

This Courtyard is in a fantastic location, clean rooms, great staff very helpful and professional. Bed was comfortable, rooms slightly dated but not enough to matter, plenty of room This was our first stay at the Erie Courtyard, but it won't be our last. Very enjoyable stay and great experience, I recommend it.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

Love this Courtyard and understand why it is a category 5. The place was sold out and I didn't hear anyone. The front desk staff were very helpful and allowed me to check in early as they moved me to a room that was already prepared. The place is clean and enjoyable for a one night stay. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I decided to stay in Erie on our way home from Niagara Falls. We were pleasantly surprised when we asked for a room and all that was left was a King room with a hot tub! They told the price and it was a lot lower than we thought it would be. After walking all day at Niagara Falls, it was an excellent place to spend a relaxing evening! If we ever pass through this way again, this hotel will be our first choice...:)

Stayed July 2014