“Tastes good but tiny portions”
Review of 1201 Kitchen

1201 Kitchen
Ranked #27 of 423 Restaurants in Erie
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Ate here while traveling through Erie. Has the advantage of being open on Mondays which the first place I tried was not. However, I am glad I wasn't starving and that someone else was.paying because their idea of "fusion" is to combine Asian-inspired dishes with French haute-cuisine portion sizes and pricing. The food tasted fine and looked pretty, though.

The host who seated me seemed almost grumpy about having a custpmer to deal with. Also, the waitress seemed a bit clueless about their tiny, bottles-only beer selection. She didn't even know about the local microbrew (Erie railbender, which was one of the best things I had) without a consult. But she was very friendly so I'll assume she was just new?

1  Thank Greg N

Reviewed April 7, 2013

We were pleasantly shocked to find this place in Erie PA. This is the caliber of restaurant one would expect to find in a major metropolitan area. The chef uses creative infusions of Asian and Mexican along with a few creative ideas of his own. All the food had a great presentation and you can actually go downstairs and watch the food being made. We will be back here if our travels ever take us to Erie for sure

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Dear all, this restaurant is amazing. The best food I have ever had in the USA. Only this great Chef can make an excellent fusion between western, eastern and southern food so well. The result?A superb dinner in a wonderful atmosphere. Prices are fine for the quality of the food and the great coking, really the best restaurant ever. It deserves a Michelin star. Service was great and everyone was professional and super kind to us.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

1201 is more than great food, and it certainly is GREAT food... it is class and atmosphere... and while the prices are reflective of that level of quality, it is worth every penny and more. Whether its a few happy hour cocktails and some apps to a full dinner, 1201 is exceptional.

Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

We went here for our anniversary dinner while staying at a Bed and Breakfast in North East, PA. I read many reviews before going and it did not disappoint.

We ordered sushi to start with. Honestly, if I return one day, I may just stick to the sushi next time because it was incredible. We had a salmon roll and a roll made with PORK BELLY!!! Such a cool idea that delivered in every aspect. After this, we had a flight of 3 soups that were also incredible. If I returned, I would opt for a bowl of either the roasted red pepper soup or the garlic bisque. For the main course I had the ramen and my girlfriend had the fried chicken. Both were very good albeit a bit expensive. Given the occasion, though, it was a very good choice.

The drink selection is also very good and the waiter was very knowledgable about the components that went into each dish along with the cooking techniques used. Very impressive.

Been to 1201 Kitchen? Share your experiences!