“Great eclectic menu, delicious food, nice ambiance, great service.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of 1201 Kitchen

1201 Kitchen
Ranked #24 of 401 Restaurants in Erie
Cuisines: Sushi
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Mississauga, ON
“Great eclectic menu, delicious food, nice ambiance, great service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

This is the kind of restaurant I always hope to find when travelling but don't always succeed. Would not have found this one (even if driving right past it) except for the many excellent reviews on Tripadvisor.

Dishes were well described on the menu, over half of which consists of raw and sushi-type items, the rest being soups, salads, and about a half dozen hot dishes.

Ingredients I never expected to see together on the same plate had somehow in the kitchen formed intimate relationships that worked surprisingly well. I almost felt as though some kind of wand-waving chef had randomly pulled 5 - 7 ingredients out of the refrigerator and determined that they were going to get together and become a dish. We were there about 2 hours, tried a number of dishes and shared a dessert, and every bit of it was surprising, and terrific.

The place had a very nice ambiance, really liked the decor, and we had a terrific server. They were busy (it was a Tuesday evening, 7:30) but not completely full.

For me, this would now be a "must do" in Erie.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank koipond4026

Maryland
“Meh...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

Had dinner with my husband here while in town, the service was good but the food was average. It seemed to me like it was a bar that was trying to be upscale. There was really nothing spectacular about the food, it wasn't bad but wasn't great and if you are going to charge higher end prices for food I think the food should be great. I would go back if I was with a group of people that wanted to go but other than that, probably not.

Visited June 2012
Erie, Pennsylvania
“Upscale atmoshpere and food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

Convenient downtown location. Beautiful atmosphere. Definitely upscale, for social get-togethers. Not family dining. Great bar and drinks as well as wine and beer selections. Take your date or meet your friends.

Visited February 2012
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

Really great meal....Fresh salmon and trout were cooked perfectly, with tasty inventive sauces and side dishes. Very attentive wait staff. All in all, a very nice dining experience.

1 Thank Janet F
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Excellent food, relaxing atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

On our way to Canada, my husband and I stopped in Erie, PA overnight. Looking for a good spot for dinner, we passed by 1201 Kitchen decided to give it a try. We were SO glad we did. The architecture outside is what caught our attention; the interior design is contemporary and relaxing. The food is outstanding; the service is friendly and attentive. They have an excellent wine list, too. We definitely recommend it to anyone visiting Erie.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank newkiwi_10

Been to 1201 Kitchen? Share your experiences!